Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

need some advice step daughter is being abused by her dad

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 12 Replies

my husband and i have been together 12 years his daughter was dropped off to us when she was 9months old.her bio mom has seen her 4times in twelve years.i filed divorce for abuse physical and emotional(pending)..i need to get my step daughter out of there.he is abusing her.dcyf is involved.they think child should live with me and have supervised visits.however his lawyer pulled a fast on at court and i was denied permanent guardianship.help i need to get her out of there.last night he assualted her,she called the cops and they sent her to her grandfathers for the night and since katie had no bruizes they didnt arrest him....how does that happen..he assualted a 12 year old and he got away with it..i am disabled i have no money i cant afford a lawyer.God someone help me i got a divorce hearing june 29th.i think im gonna try to fight for physical custody if he doesnt kill her by then.can anyone help me..jaffrey new hampshire............please ..............alainaferguson@ymail.com

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

There is a group for Domestic violence on here that might be helpful for you also.    Have you been in contact with a local shelter for Domestic Violence?   They have advocates there that you can speak too and maybe they can give you advice and help find resources to help you also.    Are you on good terms with the grandfather?  How long can Katie stay there?   The main thing is that you both are in a safe place.  Attorneys dont listen much but the advocates are experienced with this stuff.    Try this ..call the hotline and maybe they can direct you to a counselor or advocate.     http://asafeplacenh.org/newsite/wordpress/ 

taina361
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

BUMP!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Welcome!

Sounds like a scary situation.  I don't know what will happen, if you're eligible for custody or not, but it does sound like your SD needs out of that situation.  Is it possible for her to stay with her grandparents?

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

work with her case manager directly and let them know that you want custody and you have a relationship with the girl and why you are divorcing the man. You might be able to get guardianship as a foster parent. I would keep working with her case worker on this one and stay in contact with her if you can and everything he touches her you call the case worker. Keep visiting...if things get really bad this could work out for you.

Faeta
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Just another bump in case someone else has better info to help!

I'd call a shelter/hot line, since if they can connect you to resources.  I'd also call your areas version of department of children and families, and see if you can get in touch with her caseworker.

Ms.Gwen
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
This! Work with DYFS! Apply as a FP ask for kinship placement!!!
Also, there are free lawyers if you qualify(sounds like that's a pretty good chance). You can also receive counciling and legal aid from the battered womens shelter. Do not give up without a fight.

Quoting zannahdeux:

work with her case manager directly and let them know that you want custody and you have a relationship with the girl and why you are divorcing the man. You might be able to get guardianship as a foster parent. I would keep working with her case worker on this one and stay in contact with her if you can and everything he touches her you call the case worker. Keep visiting...if things get really bad this could work out for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:38 PM

BUMP!

bbowen84
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM
What is the "bump" button for?? Im sorry, know just doesn't pertain, but Im new and i see alot of bumps on this post... if i can help with one, please let me know, thanks! :-)
lilangilyn
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM

As a last resort you can try Children of the Underground. They may help you with a lawyer. Good luck.

CoochieLibre
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Quoting bbowen84:

What is the "bump" button for?? Im sorry, know just doesn't pertain, but Im new and i see alot of bumps on this post... if i can help with one, please let me know, thanks! :-)

The bump button pushes a post to the top so others can see it. :)

~*~ "To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art" ~*~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN