Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Packer

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi Packer,

I promise you this is not a bashing question.  I'm gueninely wonding your situation.  I've noticed you are not a "fan" of step parents overstepping.  I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your story about your personal situation with your marriage(s?) and the situation you deal with any stepparents that are in your child's life.  I understand if its personal and totally respect that.  I just thought I would ask because I've been curious from some of your posts.

PS... I'm from Wisconsin to!  I just assumed you were from your love of the Packers :)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivnSimply
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Bump for you.

I know here history but she should share it if she wants.
Mamaslilbear10
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM

bump

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Look around. Packer is pretty upfront about her sitch.
packermomof2
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I'm not from Wisconsin. 

I like cheese and the Packers, but I'm a southern chick living in the Pacific Northwest. 

I have no issue with most SP's.  My kids SM I do.  I have no personal vendetta against SM's, even though some claim otherwise.  I do think there are limitations on SPs and that when there are two able bodied parents in a kids lives that is enough to do the parenting and raising. 

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I love me some PNW.  Went to college at OSU (GO BEAVERS! LOL) and lived in Portland for about 10 years.  Never minded the rain, love how green it is all the time!

Quoting packermomof2:

I'm not from Wisconsin. 

I like cheese and the Packers, but I'm a southern chick living in the Pacific Northwest. 

I have no issue with most SP's.  My kids SM I do.  I have no personal vendetta against SM's, even though some claim otherwise.  I do think there are limitations on SPs and that when there are two able bodied parents in a kids lives that is enough to do the parenting and raising. 

sassystepmom5
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Ok. Guess there are a lot of packer fans ;)
packermomof2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Quoting sassystepmom5:

Ok. Guess there are a lot of packer fans ;)
The Packers are a pretty popular team. 
OregonMom80
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Can I ask a curiosity question also?  I've wondered what a BM who was never a SM & never wanted to be a SM would get out of being on a SM board?  I sort of see it as similar to myself joining a GPs board.  I have GPs, but I've never been a GP and I'm not a GP now, so I'm not sure what I'd get out of it or what I'd have in common with them.  I'm not trying to be rude or snarky - when I signed up for the group and it said "BMs welcome" I wondered then why someone who was only a BM would sign up for a SM board.  Now that I've found one on the boards, I'm curious what interests you about the SM board?

Quoting packermomof2:

I'm not from Wisconsin. 

momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM

What is a GP? Sorry it is probably obvious but I'm up to my ears studying for my Chemistry final.

To answer your question as to why a BM might be on here is this... She might be able to understand what her SM is going through and she may give perspective on what she is going through or views things as a BM.  It can be very wonderful and eye opening if you can place yourself in the other persons shoes but sometimes you don't know how.  Listening to someone who is a in the opposite position as you may give you a moment of pause where you say.. hmm I never thought of it that way.

Quoting OregonMom80:

Can I ask a curiosity question also?  I've wondered what a BM who was never a SM & never wanted to be a SM would get out of being on a SM board?  I sort of see it as similar to myself joining a GPs board.  I have GPs, but I've never been a GP and I'm not a GP now, so I'm not sure what I'd get out of it or what I'd have in common with them.  I'm not trying to be rude or snarky - when I signed up for the group and it said "BMs welcome" I wondered then why someone who was only a BM would sign up for a SM board.  Now that I've found one on the boards, I'm curious what interests you about the SM board?

Quoting packermomof2:

I'm not from Wisconsin. 

OregonMom80
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM

GP=Grandparent.  My point was to say that as a grandchild I could offer my viewpoint to grandparents, but I'd never look at a GP board & think "I should sign up" - it would just never occur to me to even consider it.  And I completely agree that BMs provide an interesting viewpoint and it can be beneficial to SMs to put ourselves in the other person's shoes.  I'm just curious what the BM would have to gain or why they'd be interested in the board.  I figure most people are fairly busy and would post the most in the areas of most interest to them.  Like on the SM board, I spend more time on posts about difficult BMs because I can relate than difficult SC because I can't - my DSS is fantastic.  I spend some time on the Moms of Elem Kids board because some of it I can relate to since we have 45/55 and sometimes 30s Moms because we're at the same stage of life and that gives us some things in common too.  I've joined the TTC board, but spend very little time there so far because we aren't "actively" trying yet, so I have nothing to add in terms of POAS or charting my ovulation.  Once we are full-on trying, I suspect I may drift more to that board and the preg board once that happens.  Just the threat of court had BM more cooperative than ever before, so once the final CO mod is signed if she becomes a non-issue, I'd be on here less & less I imagine.

That Packer spends so much time on the SM board just made me curious what she gets out of it or why the topic is so interesting to her.  I'm not saying she shouldn't be here by any means.  Just a general curiosity, if she's willing to answer, about what would make a BM who wasn't a SM see "Stepmom Central" and think "I should sign up there."

Quoting momof2cuteboys:

What is a GP? Sorry it is probably obvious but I'm up to my ears studying for my Chemistry final.

To answer your question as to why a BM might be on here is this... She might be able to understand what her SM is going through and she may give perspective on what she is going through or views things as a BM.  It can be very wonderful and eye opening if you can place yourself in the other persons shoes but sometimes you don't know how.  Listening to someone who is a in the opposite position as you may give you a moment of pause where you say.. hmm I never thought of it that way.

Quoting OregonMom80:

Quoting packermomof2:

I'm not from Wisconsin. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)