Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
That we are naming our son after df (baby will be the III cause df is a Jr)

Df's 1st marriage was to a woman who already had a little boy, df was brought into the little boys life when he was 2. So the boy was already named etc. BM doesnt know ss's biological father so df has and continues to raise him like one of his own. The boys 16 now...

BUT

BM is pissed because this isnt his 1st son.. how dare we try to discredit her sons place in dfs life and how dare i even name the baby after df, that im being a bitch.

Has anyone else dealt with this? What are your opinions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
2bkayleesmommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM
It's his first BIO-kid and he should have the right to name his son after him to carry on his legacy. Tell her to shut up!

If he didn't just leave and say bye to the SS who he has no tie to legally then y would the ss feel any less loved he should feel more! A man who raised him even when not with the mom is still in his life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Thats what I thought... haha

Quoting jlg12678:

Nope.

Bm needs to get over herself. Her being upset about this is ridiculous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM
bump

braezmommy89
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I think she should be greatful that df has continued to be there as a father to ss.... Not all men would do that... especially with 6 biological children already.. knw? He finicially supports him, emotionally etc so she should just stfu lol

Its not our problem she doesnt know her sons BIO dad and wants to take the excitment and joy from df... shes being childish and frankly...stupid.

Quoting 2bkayleesmommy:

It's his first BIO-kid and he should have the right to name his son after him to carry on his legacy. Tell her to shut up!

If he didn't just leave and say bye to the SS who he has no tie to legally then y would the ss feel any less loved he should feel more! A man who raised him even when not with the mom is still in his life

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newwife1
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Quoting ameliacaldeira:

i know families who the "jr" isnt the first born, it just happens. like some people dont think about it until their 4th son comes along. lol

i think you are just fine

That's exactly what happened in my friend's family. She has 5 brothers and her parents didn't do a junior until the 4th boy. The first 3 never had a problem with it or got "hurt feelings" because he was named after the dad.

KellyReedy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Oh good God!  She sounds crazy!  My SD is named after my hubby.  But BM's side of family calls her by her middle name once they divorced.  Go figure!

Blend in!

braezmommy89
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Shes a lil more than crazy!

Quoting KellyReedy:

Oh good God!  She sounds crazy!  My SD is named after my hubby.  But BM's side of family calls her by her middle name once they divorced.  Go figure!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Goldilocks
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Good grief. She'll get over it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
yesmaam
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I kind of get it, in a weird way, but she had the chance to name her son Jr. also. Let her throw her fit and move on, who cares.

sassystepmom5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Quoting newwife1:

It's none of her business what you name YOUR child.

Why does she even think she gets an opinion on what you name your baby? That's completely ridiculous and out of line.

Ignore the lunatic.

Ummm...YAH!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)