Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
That we are naming our son after df (baby will be the III cause df is a Jr)

Df's 1st marriage was to a woman who already had a little boy, df was brought into the little boys life when he was 2. So the boy was already named etc. BM doesnt know ss's biological father so df has and continues to raise him like one of his own. The boys 16 now...

BUT

BM is pissed because this isnt his 1st son.. how dare we try to discredit her sons place in dfs life and how dare i even name the baby after df, that im being a bitch.

Has anyone else dealt with this? What are your opinions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Replies (81-83):
ShannaBee
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Thanks! We use the Hebrew spelling of it. I had a friend who had a daughter named Makayla, I fell in love with the name. I knew if I had a girl, that would be the name. When I got with DH, I learned it's the feminine form of Michael. So I figured the name was meant to be.

So she has the feminine of DH's name and my middle name. Michaela Denae.

Quoting braezmommy89:

I think your dd's name is adorable... thats my neices name, spelled different though:) cute idea as well!

Quoting ShannaBee:

Well, now, that's something she's gonna have to get over. That's his prior stepson anyways, so the child has no real connection except emotional. Of course he and you can name your new child after him, ignore the ex. She should be lucky your fiance stepped up to the daddy plate and still does even after divorce.

My DD's name is Michaela. I named her after her father, Michael. I've always loved the name Michaela and thought it would be a cute way to tribute her father since he had no say in SS's name.

andie646c
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM

When my youngest brother was born they named him "TJ" (short for T Jr.). My mom wasn't exactly pissed or livid but she was a bit upset and very worried about my first little brothers feelings regarding the situation.

My first little brother was his first biological son, born when he was 16 years old (my mom was 15). Fortunately my brother didn't care, at least not that he let on. We barely ever saw this little brother any way. My mom told me that my father was very adament that he didn't want a Jr. when my first little brother was born but he ended up with one anyway.

My father tried claiming that TJ didn't stand for his Jr. (he was worried it would hurt feelings but his wife made the choice of names) ... but I've found the birth record and my brother has his name :p

I was 8 or 9 I think when TJ was born ... so my little brother would have been 7 or 8.

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Michaela is a beautiful name, I have always loved that name. :o) I like both of your guys' spellings of it, too!

Quoting ShannaBee:

Thanks! We use the Hebrew spelling of it. I had a friend who had a daughter named Makayla, I fell in love with the name. I knew if I had a girl, that would be the name. When I got with DH, I learned it's the feminine form of Michael. So I figured the name was meant to be.

So she has the feminine of DH's name and my middle name. Michaela Denae.

Quoting braezmommy89:

I think your dd's name is adorable... thats my neices name, spelled different though:) cute idea as well!

Quoting ShannaBee:

Well, now, that's something she's gonna have to get over. That's his prior stepson anyways, so the child has no real connection except emotional. Of course he and you can name your new child after him, ignore the ex. She should be lucky your fiance stepped up to the daddy plate and still does even after divorce.

My DD's name is Michaela. I named her after her father, Michael. I've always loved the name Michaela and thought it would be a cute way to tribute her father since he had no say in SS's name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)