Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
That we are naming our son after df (baby will be the III cause df is a Jr)

Df's 1st marriage was to a woman who already had a little boy, df was brought into the little boys life when he was 2. So the boy was already named etc. BM doesnt know ss's biological father so df has and continues to raise him like one of his own. The boys 16 now...

BUT

BM is pissed because this isnt his 1st son.. how dare we try to discredit her sons place in dfs life and how dare i even name the baby after df, that im being a bitch.

Has anyone else dealt with this? What are your opinions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Replies (61-70):
MrsJaiClark
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

umm....your son IS his first birth child! She needs to grow the hell up and just appreciate the fact that your husband has remained in her sons life when he didn't have to! You name that baby exactly what you want to! Do not let this bother you...shake it off hun!

LucyHarper
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:19 PM

My stepson's BM is livid that we allow tw of our best friends, who are gay, to babysit, because according to her they can make my stepson gay. We ignore her. People get livid for stupid reasons, most of the time the BM's wishes should be respected, but in some cases it is just ridiculous. I hardly would think that your stepson will be offended that his dad didn't travel back in time to give him his name.

JacyB
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
BM can suck on an egg. It's none of her business. That being said if SS feels the same way I would at least consider a different name. His feelings should count.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellyReedy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM

lol, ok!devil

Quoting braezmommy89:

O well.....dont be! Haha

Quoting KellyReedy:

I was being nice :)

Quoting braezmommy89:

Shes a lil more than crazy!

Quoting KellyReedy:

Oh good God!  She sounds crazy!  My SD is named after my hubby.  But BM's side of family calls her by her middle name once they divorced.  Go figure!

blondieof3kids
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Nope, but it really isn't any of her business is it?  She seems very irrational and selfish if you ask me...... I don't think she has had any closure to the ending of your DF's relationship to her?  Meaning she seems to not want him to go on and by him naming his son after him it will just rationalize that he has moved on......I dunno, i hope this makes sense...Im at work and on break and so I try to sneak on here.....HUGS!

blondieof3kids
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I thought I heard and read everything on this site!  I have a very close friend who is gay and my dd is around her and her partner all the time, Im speechless, there are very close minded ppl in this world!!! However, I am sure though if the sperm donor to my dd knew about my "gay" friends he would take me to Court and ask that "those ppl" not be around her no shit....

Quoting LucyHarper:

My stepson's BM is livid that we allow tw of our best friends, who are gay, to babysit, because according to her they can make my stepson gay. We ignore her. People get livid for stupid reasons, most of the time the BM's wishes should be respected, but in some cases it is just ridiculous. I hardly would think that your stepson will be offended that his dad didn't travel back in time to give him his name.

braezmommy89
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Yes it makes sense haha

I said the same thing, she doesnt want to let go of df but shes engaged to be married to dfs ex best friend with whom she was having an affair with for 2 years..

Shes....twisted haha

Quoting blondieof3kids:

Nope, but it really isn't any of her business is it?  She seems very irrational and selfish if you ask me...... I don't think she has had any closure to the ending of your DF's relationship to her?  Meaning she seems to not want him to go on and by him naming his son after him it will just rationalize that he has moved on......I dunno, i hope this makes sense...Im at work and on break and so I try to sneak on here.....HUGS!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherryBlossom4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM

She'll get over it... or she will resent you for years. Either way, it is on her and not on you, you are doing nothing wrong.

When I was TTC/then pregnant with my 3rd child, I posted the names that I liked for my baby on CM. My exes wife liked one of the same boys names that I did and said they would use it as well. Her words were, "I guess we'd just each have a kid with the same name". No biggie. I wouldn't mind. I ended up not using the name because it wasn't my husbands favortie name. We almost used it for our 4th but didn't. The name has grown on my husband and we might use it for the next baby. -shrug- It's just a baby name. 

She seems very immature about it, i'd just tell her straight out how you feel and if she isn't going to be decent about it... leave it be. She can deal with it on her own.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM
This.

Quoting SnapIt:

This is his first BIO son with you, so you both get to name the child how you wish,

She is an ex now and she needs to learn that she has no say in his life anymore. She needs to get a life and move on. The world does not revolve around her and it's not her decision.

If the older son has issues with this, it's not being dicussed properly. He's probably getting the wording through his mom that it's not right or fair blah blah blah. Her words is whats creating the issue if anything. I'm sure the kid wouldn't give a crap if it wasn't brought up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
This is why I won't Tell anyone what name we are going to choose. I know those smirks will Come out and it's impossible for everyone to agree on a name. Lol.

Quoting momof2cuteboys:

That's thing with names... everyone has an opinon!  Shouldn't be a surprise that BM would have one too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)