Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how long did you and your dh/SO date before you met the kids?

Dh and I had talked for a week, dated for 2, then I met the kids.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (41-49):
blaquechinadoll
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I want to say a year. He kept bringing it up and I kept putting it off. I didnt have a child at the time & wasn't interested. I didn't care for kids much.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM

It was fine.  DS and his youngest played Tball against each other.  He was the hot coach of the other team that I bribed to get DS to home plate.  After that game his oldest had a game and SS stayed behind with another friend to play.  Since I knew that kid's Mom I purposely stayed.  He eventually came back down and then suddenly started showing up to DS's games without trying to be obvious.  He eventually arranged for the kids to have a play date and we started dating after that.  

I still haven't paid up on my bribe...and 7 years later I still won't.  Make sure he stays for it ;)

Quoting jessiesluv:

wow. what was that like? lol

Quoting WifeyC:

I met him and the kids in the same day.

Tina51003
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this
It was a few months. We wanted to be sure we were serious before going that route.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FloridaMomma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting WifeyC:

It was fine.  DS and his youngest played Tball against each other.  He was the hot coach of the other team that I bribed to get DS to home plate.  After that game his oldest had a game and SS stayed behind with another friend to play.  Since I knew that kid's Mom I purposely stayed.  He eventually came back down and then suddenly started showing up to DS's games without trying to be obvious.  He eventually arranged for the kids to have a play date and we started dating after that.  

I still haven't paid up on my bribe...and 7 years later I still won't.  Make sure he stays for it ;)

Quoting jessiesluv:

wow. what was that like? lol

Quoting WifeyC:

I met him and the kids in the same day.

I LOVE that story!!

emerald2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Probably a few weeks then I met his lil girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spiritedTessa2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Dated about a month before I met his son. We lived in different states when we met, so it probably would have taken him longer to introduce us. I know he really wanted us to get along, and I knew he couldn't be serious about anybody that wouldn't make an effort to be friendly to his son (who was an amazingly wonderfull toddler at the time).

wife_to_eric
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM

DH and I had been seing each other (and I had pretty much moved in with him) for 2 weeks before BM found out about us and brought SD down to meet me. DH did not want me to meet her until later but BM thought I would leave DH if I met her and SD and saw them as a family....

Loriann24
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I know he had kids and had met them once before we started dating. After we dated I never spent time with them until about 2 months into our relationship (he had them all the time with them seeing their bm only ever other weekend). We started out small amounts of time and them progressed into more time.
Vicky1975
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I saw my SS on a regular basis before DH and I started dating. SS lived with DH, so it was always the two of them. Our "dates" involved three people (DH, SS, and me). We only had a few "official dates" without SS. SS was kinda part of the deal, so there was no weird introduction or meeting - and SS was only 4 when I met both of them for the first time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN