Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW!!!! ***edit***

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 12 Replies
What kind of a mother tells their 14 yr old child they should just not show up for work cause she doesn't want to work at her job. Dont call in just don't show up... wow wonderful parenting!!!!!!

*** whole story and what SD did...
SD 14 decided to get a job to pay for extra activities DH and BM can't afford, which is awesome she wants to make money, but I said it is fast food and she will hate it plus she is 14 babysitting is probably a better thing for her at her age. IMO. But she just "had" to go work. A week or so later she hated it really bad and she asked DH and I separately what she should do. I said talk to the boss give 2 weeks notice, dh said the same thing. She said I don't want anyone mad at me. I said Well give them 2 weeks notice so if they need to find a replacement they can and they shouldn't get mad. DH again said the same thing. So Saturday she told BM she didn't want to go in and she didn't want to call cause they would be mad. BM said if you don't want to call them just don't go in that's the same as telling them you're quiting. So that's what she did! DH said that was stupid advice you probably left them Shorthanded , do you think they will be happier you didn't call or show up, or would they be happier with you if you didn't leave them Shorthanded.

(The owner of this fast food place is her basketball coaches husband and she will be seeing him a lot since her coaches a lot with his wife) hope this all made sense I am using my phone to write it and its kinda a pain with the auto correct and all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saramom7
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I know one who keeps her kids home from school because she's too lazy to get up and take them! They also have to bring her her cigarettes and a diet coke before she will get out of bed! It's sad, very sad.
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on May. 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Did this BM use a shock collar to make this happen? Cause if I ask my ODD for ANYTHING I would die before I get it....she's a good kid, just easily taken off task.

Quoting saramom7:

I know one who keeps her kids home from school because she's too lazy to get up and take them! They also have to bring her her cigarettes and a diet coke before she will get out of bed! It's sad, very sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on May. 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL

Adam Savage from the Mythbusters did an interview on The Nerdist podcast where he said that he would do exactly that when he didn't like a job!  He'd just not show up the next day. It worked for him...but I guess he's an isolated incident of an irresponsible person achieving success.

Mommy0505
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

The kind of mother that just doesn't get it.

Let her be ignorant and irresponsible.  Just make sure you guys sit down w/14 yr old and explain that their next job (as there will ALWAYs be a next one) is going to need references and the name of previous employers.  When they hear they left without notice or are irresponsible, then there goes the good chance of getting that job. 

14 yr old will be left settling for less and less each time and even colleges want to see responsibility!

Ok, honestly at 15 I walked out after working only 1 hr on one of my jobs and didn't really suffer any repercussions - but the principle is remains!! lol    Hey, it was New Years Day and I worked as a houskeeper... People had thrown up EVERYWHERE. no thanks! lol

lissynkmj
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Done the whole motel room thing lol!!! Not fun!
DH and I both talked to her about responsibility and future references... told her talk to the boss and give two weeks notice... THEN she talked to BM. She obviously liked her moms advice better!

Quoting Mommy0505:

The kind of mother that just doesn't get it.

Let her be ignorant and irresponsible.  Just make sure you guys sit down w/14 yr old and explain that their next job (as there will ALWAYs be a next one) is going to need references and the name of previous employers.  When they hear they left without notice or are irresponsible, then there goes the good chance of getting that job. 

14 yr old will be left settling for less and less each time and even colleges want to see responsibility!

Ok, honestly at 15 I walked out after working only 1 hr on one of my jobs and didn't really suffer any repercussions - but the principle is remains!! lol    Hey, it was New Years Day and I worked as a houskeeper... People had thrown up EVERYWHERE. no thanks! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Of course she's going to take Bm's advice. It's easier and she won't have to look anyone in the face. She'll see when she goes for another job they won't like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bozo75
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I hate that shit! My sd's BM used to always give her the same kind of -worse- advice. It's bullshit! If yall have sd full time I would demand that she handle it the way yall are telling her to. And maybe throw around the fact that Mom's aren't always right or some shit. I mean DUH! What a dumb bm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellyReedy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM

LOl...yeah my skids forget anything I say 2 seconds after I ask or say anything!

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Did this BM use a shock collar to make this happen? Cause if I ask my ODD for ANYTHING I would die before I get it....she's a good kid, just easily taken off task.

Quoting saramom7:

KellyReedy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Wow!  So then, when the job resoursces run out, is she going to support this child when adulthood reaches??

geauxinginsane
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I bet she is going to get one of those great big Mother's Day cards that say, "You're the Best Mom Ever"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured