Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
What kind of a mother tells their 14 yr old child they should just not show up for work cause she doesn't want to work at her job. Dont call in just don't show up... wow wonderful parenting!!!!!!

*** whole story and what SD did...
SD 14 decided to get a job to pay for extra activities DH and BM can't afford, which is awesome she wants to make money, but I said it is fast food and she will hate it plus she is 14 babysitting is probably a better thing for her at her age. IMO. But she just "had" to go work. A week or so later she hated it really bad and she asked DH and I separately what she should do. I said talk to the boss give 2 weeks notice, dh said the same thing. She said I don't want anyone mad at me. I said Well give them 2 weeks notice so if they need to find a replacement they can and they shouldn't get mad. DH again said the same thing. So Saturday she told BM she didn't want to go in and she didn't want to call cause they would be mad. BM said if you don't want to call them just don't go in that's the same as telling them you're quiting. So that's what she did! DH said that was stupid advice you probably left them Shorthanded , do you think they will be happier you didn't call or show up, or would they be happier with you if you didn't leave them Shorthanded.

(The owner of this fast food place is her basketball coaches husband and she will be seeing him a lot since her coaches a lot with his wife) hope this all made sense I am using my phone to write it and its kinda a pain with the auto correct and all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Replies (11-12):
yesmaam
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM

And the rest of the story would be......?

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Its the same kind of BM that buys her 10 year old daughter padded bras and drops her off at her boyfriends house KNOWING there is so parental supervison.....POS BM's thats who.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)