Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've heard some horror stories lately about BM but my SS mother is, well, pretty cool. I've been w/ SO and SS for about 4 years now, we have a DD of our own, and me and BM still get along great. In fact, I'd call her a friend. She and SO don't get along as well (or much at all), but that's why they haven't been together for many years. Is my situation just a fluke, or does anyone else actually get along with a BM?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (11-15):
spiritedTessa2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

I get along with bm.. I wouldn't call her a friend, but we get along well enough. Friday, I am picking SD up by myself, for the first time ever. I have never had to before..

Yeah, I thought it was really cool the first time SS and I were left to ourselves to do something just together.

spiritedTessa2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Quoting findingserenity:

Bm and I arent friends but not enemies too.i live my life, she lead hers.. However sd20 tries to start drama

Yeah, I guess you'll have that. I'm about to be a SD29 so I'm trying to keep perspective.

rwblake2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I get along with DH 1st ex (weren't married) great they even stayed with us her and her DH when they visited from Texas over the summer. But DHs other ex I tolerate to get through all the legal BS due to crap she has done to her son that is not DH, don't like and would be happy to never see again but I do of course not bad mouth so forth in front of DSD.

....ClvrScn.
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting spiritedTessa2:

It is fun.. I have been alone with SD plenty of times, I have just never been alone with bm.. lol
spiritedTessa2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Quoting newwife1:

The very rare times I see her we are cordial and fakely polite to one another.

That's the extent of my involvement with her. I would never choose to be associated with someone like her and had I met her in out a social situation I would not want to be her friend.

I can understand that, too. Some people just rub you wrong from the get-go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured