Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SM's who take care of kids more than bio parents???

Posted by   + Show Post
Who takes care of step kids more? Sm(you) BF or BM?
I will explain my sitch later.

DH and BM have 50/50 custody, but I watch the kids on bms days while she works. And BM usually gets here at 6:30 on her days. My DH get home from work anywhere from 5-8. I was just curious how man SMs take care of their skids majority of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
newstepmom61811
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
DH and I do, BM doesn't do diddly shit...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on May. 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM

BM does some stuff for SD, but DH and I take care of the majority of things for her. We have her as much as BM (50/50) but we make sure school work is done, medical appts are made and went to (sometimes BM does that, just depends on her mood), etc. I do more than my DH does, just because he works out of town.

On a positive note, BM is getting much better at being mom. Makes me smile to see SD happy and smiling. I asked her the other day what she was smiling about, her words were "I have a lot of people who love me." I told her she was absolutely right.

LucyHarper
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My stepson's biological mom sees him maybe three hours a year, thats not a week, thats a year, so she gives no care, my husband and I split the responsibilities of parenting him, since I have fewer work hours and he comes to work with me (he is babysat upstairs at the diner I work at), I spend more time with him everyday, but my husband still gives him a lot of care and attention.

KellyReedy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I do!  Always have.  When she lived in town and had custody...I watched them a lot.  But when I didn't get paid and she refused to take anything off of child support I put my foot down and said fine, find someone else!

They live with us now and my husband is gone 12-15 hours a day for work.  I'm the SAHSM!

Blend in!

Kholt
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:22 PM

we are CP so yeah

ShannaBee
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM

BM since she is custodial parent.

In the begining of our relationship, I took care of SS. Then I started getting resentful because I felt like my husband was pawning his responsibilities off on me, which he was. I stepped back and made my husband step up and be a father. Then slowly, I worked myself into helping when I wanted to, but not having SS as my sole responsibility.

squeakersmama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I do since I'm a sahm and both dh and bm work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newwife1
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM

BM does. Then DH when SS is here.

I don't do anything except make him an occasional meal when he is here.

SassyMom25
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I do. Have for the last 6 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM

my ss lives with us and one of my sd is moving in next year. i take care of all the kids reguardless of whos they are. (people drop their kids off here for days at a time lol) my ss is the big one. at first he was really unsure of me but when he noticed that i was more affectionate and caring than his own mom he warmed up fast. we took custody a little over a year ago and its great. as much as he likes to see his mom eowe and 1 day a week, if it came down to him going with bm verses going somewhere with me, he perfers to go with me. bm and i are good friends but she has her own issues and is very distant from him. my 14yo sd feels unapreciated at home and some other issues (she lives with her grandmother by choice) she asked me (not her dad lol) if she could move in next year. she wants to move in because here she is treated like a mature 14yo whereas her grandmother treats her like shes a 5yo child. i love having her here. its a giant help and she is the only kid that i have ever met that doesnt have to be asked to do chores lol she does them just to do them lol. (she hates dishes and laundry but its good dh covers those)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)