Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM and SM

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 29 Replies

When reading stuff on here do you read as one or the other when you are in fact both?

I am a SM to a little girl who is here every other week.  I am BM to 3 boys.  My oldest isn't my husbands, and goes to his dads a few times a year.  He doesn't have a SM and the newest gf I haven't met.  Sometimes I forget that I am a BM on here.  I am sure it is because of the lack of interaction with my ex.  

Which view do you tend to see from?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ame4c
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I read from both sides because I am both.  My opinions come from my experience as both.  However, since I'm a CSM, I tend to respond more like a BM than a SM.  My Skid lives with us full time and we have little to no interaction with his BM.

4and1mom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I am both but usually read as sm since I don't have any conflict or drama on the bm side and both of my bios with my ex are grown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Goldilocks
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I am both. In this group I read more like a SM.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Ms.Gwen
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I'm a CSM only, so that's how I respond.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose0919
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM

i tend to read as a sm. i dont have issues with bm side except the fact he isnt in her life at all ,even behind in cs . 

i do tend to read as bm in cs issues, but then again i see the sm side of that too. i would say 90% of the time as sm.

YesImMomToo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I am both but only read and respond as a csm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atownrb
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I am both and I think I almost always respond as both, I usually give my opinion from both sides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I am both. I tend to read as a CSM, but sometimes I read as a BM-with-overstepping-SM, because of  my sister's sitch. In my own sitch the SM is not overstepping at all, but in my sister's sitch, she's like the Patron Saint of Oversteppers. I think my sister's sitch has colored my views.

katcb1019
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I am both. I however have very few conflicts as bm. For the most part odds bf and I co-parent very well.

As sm- my dh has a alot of conflict with bm and she has tried very hard to push him out of sds life. Even telling a therapist that she wanted him to sign off his rights so her bf could adopt and they could be a "real" family.

So, I mostly respond as sm, I would say. That is where most of my conflict lies and we have gone through more emotionally as well.

rwblake2011
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I am both. I think I reply from both sides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)