Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One scared mama!!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
So today I get a call from BD that the school nurse calls him and says my dd tripped running out to recess and hit her face and knee on the ground. She was sent to the nurse to get the cuts cleaned up and they just wanted to notify a parent. They were cleaning her up and sending her back to class. Well he hung up with the nurse and literally 2 minutes later she calls back saying my DD had a seizure as soon as they hung up the first time! So as he's telling me this, of course I'm already in the car and driving 100mph. He, SM and I all meet at the school, I hop in their car and we rush DD to the ER. My DH meets us there. So we are all 4 in the room with DD and BD and DH decide to go find the cafeteria to get us all drinks. Doc comes in to talk to us while they are gone and comments to SM and I how nice it is that we are all there together because we really are all one big family. So when the guys get back we are discussing how different it would be if DH and I were in that sitch with one of his kids and how miserable the whole thing would be because of BM and her attitude/behavior.

So how do you all handle ER situations like that? Can every one get along or is it miserable?

Btw, my DD is home with me now. Doc said she just happened to hit her head in exactly the right spot, all tests came back ok. Definitely one of the scariest days ever!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newstepmom61811
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Wow, as a medical pro and a daughter whose mom had seizures due to encephalitis and had a long recovery in ICU, and SM who adores her SKs and has weathered emergencies with them, I pray for you and yours tonight for health, recovery and restful stress free sleep. Hugs to all...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Since Bm lives in a different state we don't have to deal with it. If she was here it would be extremely awkward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atownrb
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Thanks! Although I doubt stress free sleep will come at least not tonight because I can't stop checking on her.

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Wow, as a medical pro and a daughter whose mom had seizures due to encephalitis and had a long recovery in ICU, and SM who adores her SKs and has weathered emergencies with them, I pray for you and yours tonight for health, recovery and restful stress free sleep. Hugs to all...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepdiva
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM
The emergency with SS had DH and me in the ER with him. BM didn't come. When SD had a car accident and was in the ER it was BM and DH. I wasnt included. SS had an anaphalactic reaction to seafood, but BM didn't come to the ER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM

hugs

Sorry that happened to your DD.

We don't have to deal with the other parents. They could care less if one of the kids went to the ER. 

rwblake2011
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM
My dd BM has never gone to a er in all times weve been since him and I split 12 yrs ago. His wife made appearance at hospital stay. No biggie. My ds's BF id shoot if he tried to come near my ds's (hes wanted for molestation on a child under 13). With sd1 we are in 2 different states but we would all get along great. With sd2 I would tolerate her BM for her sake. (BM2 has supervised visits due to felony neglect).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cheesebug
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

When my SS broke his arm after jumping off of his bunk bed his bio mom didn't call until 6 hours after getting out of the ER with him. She called and i answered because she never calls and she asked to talk to my SO, i got him on the phone and she handed the phone to SS who asked his dad why he didn't come to the hospital when he wanted him there.

amyjo76
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

First, I'm glad she is ok! I'm so happy that this little girl has you all in her life to love & support her. This is how it should be, it should be about what is best for the child & making sure her needs are met first. This is what would happen with myself, DH & my exh. My DH & Exh work on my car together and get along really well. (I guess it does help they were friends before I married DH.) My ex may be an ass but at least he directs that towards the right person-me. He doesn't hold any ill will against my husband. We've all gone to the surgeries the kid's have had together and there's no drama.

BM #1 & BM #2, this type of thing would never happen. They don't tell my DH anything that goes on with the girls. The only time we ever find out that anything goes on with SD#2 (who has a lot of health issues) is when we get the Explanation of Benefits from the insurance. She's had several surgeries, rushes to the ER & we don't  know until months later when the insurance co basically informs us. I don't know that either of these women know how to set their anger aside for one minute to help their children have everyone that love SD involved. BM#2 also won't give us any of SD's doctor information even though it's CO'ed. I hate when it becomes some pissing match--Dad is never there & he's a piece of shit. Well dad doesn't know because Mom doesn't tell him but somehow he's supposed to be more involved. It's frustrating :(

saramom7
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

If my skids are with BM and she takes them to the ER, she doesn't tell us until she's done.  If we have to take them, we call her on the way.  Her "motto" is you deal with them when they are with you, and I'll deal with them when I have them.  It makes DH really mad that she takes them without letting him know, but she will do what she wants and we can't stop her.

ShannaBee
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
We don't do things like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured