Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Wow- he admits he cheats on his wife (OT)

Posted by   + Show Post

Since I only hang around this group to avoid bashing in other groups for not being a BM I post a lot of off topic crap here and I apologize for that!!!  

One of my co-workers, Richard, is going into his 60's.  Nice guy, for the most part.  Very blunt, to the point, picks on everyone in a nice way, and can really carry a conversation with anyone.  ANYONE.  I tend to get along with him pretty well and we have some pretty good talks.

Anyway, Richard just outright admitted he's cheated on his wife of 23 years since day one.  ...I'm serious.  He says it's okay, because it's not cheating if she doesn't know- but she accuses him of it all the time.  I gave him the worst look ever.

His reasoning is this- he's committed to his wife, will always be there for her, but there's nothing wrong with having fun on the side if he's not emotionally involved with the other women.  WTF?!  

I can't agree with him.  While I still think he is a nice guy, my respect for him just slipped about 100 points.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
Ms.Gwen
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM
I know how you feel. I love my SIL. She is one of the nicest, sweetest people I've ever met. I like her sister more. She's more like me; loud, boisterous, and so very funny! She's a firecracker for sure! Well I just found out she's in a longterm relationship with a guy I've never met before! This shocked me' cause I've seen her bring many, many other men to family functions. Turns out her fiancé is in the navy and when he's at see aunt B is single(in her mind). I'm a navy vet and have learned to seriously loath women like this. I've seen too many times how this hurts the sailor. I've seen it from the other side. Aunt B just lost all her cool points with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
findingserenity
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Prick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chanizen
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM
They become dirty old men copping a feel from waitresses and CNAs.

Worked in a nursing home for a while... Just because they can't do it... Doesn't mean they give up being a jackass.

Quoting FloridaMomma:

I've always wondered what happens to the womanizers when their equipment stops working (which I think happens to quite a few men once they get to a certain age).  Do they still go around swinging their dick (figuratively), and flirting with women?  Only they don't have anything to back it up?  Or, do they slink away into (relative) obscurity and start resembling normal humans?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neverbeamom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Michigan.  Small town, too.  Which makes it worse.  He should have been caught by now!!!

Quoting atownrb:

Wow can I ask where you are from? I know a guy, same name, been married same amount of time and he cheats on his wife. Thought its kinda weird

Ms.Gwen
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM
The next time he's on the phone with his wife you should say loudly "honey is that room service? Can you tell them to bring more towels?!" hehehe, let him explain his way outta that one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neverbeamom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM

He said, and I qoute, "You can be committed to someone and be with someone else at the same time.  There's a difference between being committed to my wife- I'll never leave her, I'll always take care of her- and then being with another woman, whom I have no feelings for."  He also made the comment that while he loves his wife, it's not fun being with the same person all the time.

Wtf........Seriously.

Quoting angelmommy2806:

That is such crap! I highly doubt he wouldn't mind if his wife was cheating on him. Why the hell stay married if you're going to cheat?

neverbeamom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM

This WHOOOOLLLLE topic came up because he made a comment about his wife accusing him of cheating all the time.  And it went from there.  I told him, "If she is accusing you, chances are she knows but is turning a blind eye because she doesn't know what else to do."  He said, "She doesn't know until she has 8 by 10 glossies."  As in, proof.  

Ugghhh gross.  I can't even look at him anymore.  I used to actually like him- one of my favorite co-workers.  I'm just disgusted now.

Quoting Ms.Gwen:

The next time he's on the phone with his wife you should say loudly "honey is that room service? Can you tell them to bring more towels?!" hehehe, let him explain his way outta that one!

neverbeamom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM

This is true.

I worked (for a VERY short period of time) in elder care and that's exactly what happens.  

I see it in the hotels I work at, too.  Old guys barely able to walk but definitely able to hit on the front desk girls in a NOT very non-threatening sort of way.  Sick.

Quoting chanizen:

Worked in a nursing home for a while... Just because they can't do it... Doesn't mean they give up being a jackass.

Quoting FloridaMomma:

I've always wondered what happens to the womanizers when their equipment stops working (which I think happens to quite a few men once they get to a certain age).  Do they still go around swinging their dick (figuratively), and flirting with women?  Only they don't have anything to back it up?  Or, do they slink away into (relative) obscurity and start resembling normal humans?

neverbeamom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:01 AM

D:  Dispicable.

SO's first wife was in the Army.  He moved from Michigan to Utah to be with her when they were 19, they got married, and 5 months later she was deployed.  He lived on base, took care of stuff, wrote her everyday.  He ended up selling a couple of his prized guitars so that he could buy a ticket to England, where he knew she would be visiting her sister.  He got with her sister, they discussed it, it was going to be a surprise.  

He showed up in England, and she called her sister to cancel her trip.  SO found out she had been on leave for 6 weeks already and she never told him, she decided to tell her SISTER she was leaving SO for another man.  After he was already there.  

Some people aren't suited to being away from their partners for long periods of time.  It's just messed up they can't admit it and leave before they cheat.

Quoting Ms.Gwen:

I know how you feel. I love my SIL. She is one of the nicest, sweetest people I've ever met. I like her sister more. She's more like me; loud, boisterous, and so very funny! She's a firecracker for sure! Well I just found out she's in a longterm relationship with a guy I've never met before! This shocked me' cause I've seen her bring many, many other men to family functions. Turns out her fiancé is in the navy and when he's at see aunt B is single(in her mind). I'm a navy vet and have learned to seriously loath women like this. I've seen too many times how this hurts the sailor. I've seen it from the other side. Aunt B just lost all her cool points with me.

FloridaMomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Yuck. Ick. Gross.

Quoting chanizen:

Quoting FloridaMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN