Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Wow- he admits he cheats on his wife (OT)

Posted by   + Show Post

Since I only hang around this group to avoid bashing in other groups for not being a BM I post a lot of off topic crap here and I apologize for that!!!  

One of my co-workers, Richard, is going into his 60's.  Nice guy, for the most part.  Very blunt, to the point, picks on everyone in a nice way, and can really carry a conversation with anyone.  ANYONE.  I tend to get along with him pretty well and we have some pretty good talks.

Anyway, Richard just outright admitted he's cheated on his wife of 23 years since day one.  ...I'm serious.  He says it's okay, because it's not cheating if she doesn't know- but she accuses him of it all the time.  I gave him the worst look ever.

His reasoning is this- he's committed to his wife, will always be there for her, but there's nothing wrong with having fun on the side if he's not emotionally involved with the other women.  WTF?!  

I can't agree with him.  While I still think he is a nice guy, my respect for him just slipped about 100 points.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:52 AM
Replies (31-39):
mirm99
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Wow this old man is an ass... but I guess im not surprised... I hope and pray it never hapens to me again but if it does I think im prepared for that day...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepdiva
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Uh oh. It is a small world. If you both know the same man.

Quoting atownrb:

Wow can I ask where you are from? I know a guy, same name, been married same amount of time and he cheats on his wife. Thought its kinda weird

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neverbeamom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM

It's not lol.  She said Chicago, and he's lived here his whole life, from what he's said. 

But it makes it worse since there are so many others like this!!!

Quoting stepdiva:

Uh oh. It is a small world. If you both know the same man.

Quoting atownrb:

Wow can I ask where you are from? I know a guy, same name, been married same amount of time and he cheats on his wife. Thought its kinda weird

neverbeamom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I said the same thing to him- if she was okay with it, it'd be different.  She's not- otherwise she wouldn't "accuse" you of cheating.  I even brought up the swinger thing. 

He's just a cheating asshole that makes it "okay" in his mind.  I hope she finds out and really leaves his ass.

Quoting andie646c:

I've met guys like that ... they drive me bonkers. It doesn't make much sense to me. While it's admirable that they intend to stay with their wife, it's still quite dangerous and stupid.

Now, if she knew and was "ok" with it or if they had chosen at some point to "swing" that is a different story and that I can be "ok" with but guys like this are just nuts.

blondieof3kids
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Yep, karma is a bitch sometimes

Quoting chanizen:

Well.... I wonder what his response would be if he found out his wife was cheating on him....

Bet he can see his tonsils, his head is so far up his butt.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate when people that I like tell me something that makes me throw up a little.

shoot4thestars
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Wow....

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM

throwing up

jonnlilithsmom
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:11 PM

if she's accusing him, then she knows, she just doesn't have enough proof to convince herself that it's really true, because then she'd have to make some tough decisions...

it's not your business, it's his and hers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN