Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM is going to be so PO'ed at us.

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:04 AM
  • 2 Replies

When DH got custody of the boys over 4 years ago they agreed that she would just pay for daycare and that in time they would re-visit the CS. Well She paid when she pleased, and since DH started his own business last Feb she has sent $300 for the WHOLE year. She didn't send anything for Xmas claiming she was sick. But we found out from her brother that she sent him a $800 gutiar. I've been staying out of it. DH stays out of mine and the girls dad when it comes to CS. My Girls' father pays $156 a week leaving him $80 to live on. So usually I just take $40 out of it and give the rest back. He takes the girls ALL the time, They are there every weekend, and wednesday. During school breaks they are non-existent at our home because they miss their dad. So him paying for them being their I have no problem handing the money over, he is also the type that if I say i need to do some clothes shopping, or there is a school function he happily pays for it. He even helped when my transmission went on my car and we needed to get school shoes for all four kids. He has gotten my step-sons birthday gifts, clothes, and babysits them once a month so DH and I can have dinner. Money is good right now but My work doesn't offer health insurance. I was on Medicaid before DH and i got married b/c I'm a full-time student. and he wasn't able to pay for any himself. So after we got married I added the boys to my case (DH doesn't qualify) B/c of this CS required BM's info. We had no problem handing it over b/c right after DH was let go of his job he was living off his savings and was barely making the bills. DH told BM on every phone call that she needed to still be sending at least $150 a month so he could provide for the boys. She ignored him or made excuses. Well we finally got the call that TX CS got our paperwork from our state (we live in AR) and it is going through finally. She has great insurance and will be required to carry it for the boys (which is really needed b/c a lot of the things like counselling we have to pay out of pocket and any little bit helps) We are sitting ducks right now b/c we know she is going to be pissed. This is the one area I've tried to stay nice and keep my mouth shut about. I don't know what DH had set up with her and I wasn't getting involved with it. Before we got married She did send items, but after we got married nothing has come in. She did visit for the first time in 2 years and doesn't call but once a month. Am I a cruel person for being happy about this? She makes $35 an hour but can't afford to send her son $25 for school supplies. If she would be an active parent like my ex was I wouldn't have such an issue about her paying but she doesn't even call unless its at a time SHE KNOWS we are not available (like 11pm)

by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Why did he not establish CS when he got custody?

Cambriagurlmom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:46 AM

There wasn't an order set up through the court. He got emergency placement of her son, and his son with her when the youngest was 6mo. She never showed up in court and they later found out she was in rehab. DH has had emergency custody for the last 6 years and they had a verbal agrement. He never recieved any type of assistance from the state and unless you have assistance you have to pay $400 to get CS going. Another reason why he never persued this is although BM lives 4 states away the BF of the eldest boy lives 30 min away. He was protecting the boy by not letting the BF have anything to do with him. BF has kidnapped him in the past and even though their is protection orders against him the CS and DHS offices give out our address to anyone who calls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)