Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Have had enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Im sick of my husband treating me so bad when his kids come over. He works out of town is hardly home but when he comes home and they are here he is horrible to me. He treats me and my kids like we are the enemy. Im really on the brink of leaving. Im a good person I pick up his kids when its his weekend I spend time with them and my kids.  I just dont get it. When they are gone he is so good to me. Why does it have to be this way?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KellyReedy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Ask him!!  No way in hell I would put up with that!  

Blend in!

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd speak up and ask him straight up "Why is it when skids are here you mistreat me and my kids?!"

If his answer's not good enough-then perhaps you should leave on the days they come to visit. Just don't be home. Take your kids to the park/zoo/local fair for the day.

How old are all the kids? Does his children treat you and your kids the same way?

neverbeamom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you need to re-evaluate the situation and have a little talk with DH.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Stop doing things for his kids....he will either step up because you are not doing it or he won't and you know to leave...I just did this and magically without me having to say a word dh has totally stepped up because he saw I was not doing it
lilangilyn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Yes indeed. Time for a heart to heart with your DH. I think what he is doing is just not wrong for you and your kids, it is wrong for his kids. I think that is probably why he is doing what he is doing. He is acting like a douche bag because he wants them to think he loves them the most, that you are nothing and your kids are nothing. I don't think this is true, but is a game he is playing to retain their love.

My DH's first wife had a stepmother. The dad told her that he only married the stepmother so that he would have a mom for her at his house. That he didn't love her. However, he had two more children with the SM and was married to her until death. This doesn't sound like someone who just married the first convenient person to be a mommy.

1SpaZZedMom
by Librarian on May. 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM

IDK what to say really.  I do agree with the pp's that you need to talk to your DH to find out why his personality changes around his children.  Its almost as if he's showing off for them.  

My hopes are that he just doesn't realize this and will work on it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN