Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

wedding

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 36 Replies
May 5th signifies our 4 year anniversary of securing our ability to marry. We went to the court house and signed a marriage certificate.

We view the day that we exchanged our self written vows with a magister on a beach on a tropical island in the carribean as our real wedding day.

When dh told bm we were getting married she tried anything and everything for to stop our wedding from filing a court action to reopen their divorce decree thinking it would reinstate their marriage to begging him to not do it then threatening him that hed never see his kids again if he didnt remarry her to contacting the government and saying he was a terrorist hoping they wouldnt let him fly out of the country.

The week before we were to leave she showed up at my apartment to beg him to come back and he told her we were already married. She freaked out and made an ass out of herself demanding him to prove it. He shut the door in her face and had her tresspassed from the property.

Upon our return we had a reception and my new brother in law witnessed bm popping our balloons and tearing up our directional signs to the reception.

After she realized that she couldnt stop it she dissappeared and didnt see the kids for 6 months. She was mia.

Did the bm in your life try to stop your wedding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on May. 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I didn't try to stop xh's wedding. I had no interest in it nor did it effect me in any way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1SpaZZedMom
by Librarian on May. 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

The wedding itself? No. We married 10 months before our set date.

Now, she did try very hard for a few years to split us up... 

4and1mom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Bm tried to keep sd from being in our wedding, she also pushed me to my one and only hospital visit for nerves, went to the er and then to my mothers where I don't remember 3 days of my life.... They has me highly medicated and that was about 2 weeks before my wedding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Omg....I am so sorry, this is really terrible....yes in a way she did. .they had already been divorced for a year and it was at that point she realized she was too lazy to support herself and the lump sum and child support were not enough for her to live on, and that her still married boyfriend was...we'll...still married and had no intention of leaving her so she had been telling dh that she was finally ready to try to make things work?!?! She tried wearing his favorite color, slutty clothes, etc. dh refused to be alone with her and made me come with him whenever he needed to be around her...shortly after we got engaged...all she said was " well what does that mean for me" she didn't really want him back...so sad....she still tries to make him feel bad when something happens and one of the skids act out...her first and only response is " do you think this is because of the divorce?" ugh like he would take her nasty ass back....
careyphotoo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Bm tried talking dh out of marring me when he told her we were getting married! She also tried pulling the I wanted to try and work it out too when we first started dating to try and get him back! Both of course didn't work we are happily married know for almost 4yrs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherryBlossom4
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM

That is awful!

I was glad when XH married, I thought it might help him grow up and get his stuff together. I really hoped that it would help him do what needs to be done.

CoochieLibre
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Oh my... this really makes me want to keep it from BM should we decide to marry. What a nightmare!

tymama1022
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

nope we didnt  tell her cus  it wasnt her business aand when she did know it was in court because she wanted proof claimimg she dnt know me  and wanted to make sure we was really married to allow my sd to spend a night.  At 1st we were like no the child is visiting her father whhat she needs proof for but then I told my Dh show her its nothing to hide yes were married and now I am apart of your daughters life as well and will be spending a really good amount of time with her so he have her a copy.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Yep. For 3 weeks straight before our wedding she called around 11pm every night crying and begging DH not to marry me, to please give her one more chance. When that didn't work she'd beg to please be allowed to attend the wedding. He kept telling her no.

Exactly 1 month later is when he let BM take SD for a day visit and she moved over 4 hours away with her. She called at 12:45am and told him that he'd never see SD again unless he signed over sole custody to her or if he divorced me. Stupid on DH's part not to have a court order for custody :( And that's how BM got custody.

hmccord
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Nope, she didn't know we were even getting married until after the wedding. DH said it was none of her business, but I'm sure she talked a lot of smack to her friends. Doesn't matter to me though....I'm happy:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)