Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May 5th signifies our 4 year anniversary of securing our ability to marry. We went to the court house and signed a marriage certificate.

We view the day that we exchanged our self written vows with a magister on a beach on a tropical island in the carribean as our real wedding day.

When dh told bm we were getting married she tried anything and everything for to stop our wedding from filing a court action to reopen their divorce decree thinking it would reinstate their marriage to begging him to not do it then threatening him that hed never see his kids again if he didnt remarry her to contacting the government and saying he was a terrorist hoping they wouldnt let him fly out of the country.

The week before we were to leave she showed up at my apartment to beg him to come back and he told her we were already married. She freaked out and made an ass out of herself demanding him to prove it. He shut the door in her face and had her tresspassed from the property.

Upon our return we had a reception and my new brother in law witnessed bm popping our balloons and tearing up our directional signs to the reception.

After she realized that she couldnt stop it she dissappeared and didnt see the kids for 6 months. She was mia.

Did the bm in your life try to stop your wedding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Nooe,but The skids were acting out a certain month and it was horrible. Skids finally broke down crying and said mom is getting married,we don't know the guy and it's in a month. It was a really Hard time for us and the skids,then and a bit after.

My Dh didn't care. He even toke them toget haircuts. But after she pulled some Shit and skids came home crying yet again,my Dh didn't give a shit about her wedding,just the boys.

We are pretty open w the skids which now I feel sometimes isn't the best thing. Lol. BM didn't mess w our wedding plans. She "forgot" to pick them up that night,but we didn't care, we had a small Party at our home Afterwards w the family anyhow. Skids even helped unwrap presents. Lol.

BM did fuck up my honeymoon. It was going to be a simple long wknd w out NO kids to the beach. My Dh planne it on her week and she left skids w us and toke off on a plane to see her H. Come to find out later,she was still in town,and didn't leave in her flight until tues. I was pissed.

I knew there was something fishy about BM getting a plane ticket "last" minute on a fri or sat. ESP. Supposedly when $ was tight w her. Planes cost more on wknds. That sucked,but we made the best of it. Ps... We couldn't leave the boys bc honestly when BM left like that the boys felt abandoned and begged Dh not to leave. They were emotionally f'ed up at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Oh! Later skids showed us pictures on fb of her "er" flight out. Yeah... It was her b day and his. That was her er flight out and lied to skids and said she was coming home in a couple of days:/ which turned into weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Didn't try to stop it, but was very upset because she wasn't invited.

upnorthsm
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:05 PM

We also had a destination wedding; I had campaigned for telling BM but then came the 1am phone call about phantom cats (ours?) that were causing SS's asthma attack (oh, wait, that was the dirt at her house...) At any rate, I gave up the cause after that, we left for an island, and midway through, BM caught wind of what was happening and tried to insist she could not provide care for SS. DH reminded her he had written proof of her agreement to do so during said time period, and then stopped answering her calls. I got the pleasure of her swerving toward me and flipping me off when she saw me on the roads for the next 3 months. JOY!

....ClvrScn.
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Bm was visually upset, crying because dh never married her ( he asked, she said no.. relationship slid downwards after that) ... probably because she didn't find out until after the fact.. but the next week when dh went to pick SD up.. she was fine...

We would be happy if bm got married, she deserves happiness
wife_to_eric
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM
She tried to keep SD from being there knowing that I would not do it without SD, when that didn't work she tried calling DH the day before and crying to him about how he was breaking her heart blah blah blah....DH just laughed and reminded her that they had been over for 5 years and she was married to SF and it was time to get over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Actually, she told me she would gift wrap the last name and give it to me...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cheesebug
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:42 AM

We are not married yet, but i fear she will. She is as crazy as yours sounds and still 4 years after me and SO have been together, she still begs him to take her back and that she will stop all the drama and let him see his kids more if he will just break it off with me. I am currently hiding my second pregnancy from my SK's so they won't tell their mom, she flipped a lid when i got preggo with my first, called CPS on us, the cops, everything, even came over and punched SO while he was holding their DD(1 at the time) and made him drop her. SMH. So i am expecting the worst and hoping for the best. lol.

mamabear484
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:57 AM

That is awful. It would be scarry to marry a man with an ex actling like that. My DH's ex knew we were getting married, but didn't say anything to us about it. She waited till after we were married & then immediately started using the kids to turn them against me & eventually turned them against their dad. For the first several years of our marriage, she and the kids tried to split us up, but i stood my ground, especially after i gave birth to my 2 children, i was not going to sit back & let them split up my children's family because they could not stand it because their dad had left mom and then remarried to someone else and had more children, that is just life, have to get over it.

MamaK313
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM
As far as I know there was no drama from BM over us getting married. She actually helped find SD's dress for our wedding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured