Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stepson's babyshower

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM
  • 6 Replies
Here is the story, have been married for fourteen years and my son is having is first child and they are having a babyshower and my husband and I do not get along with exwife. She always gets stupid with me and my stepson that his mom will be cool. I don't want to take his word cause mom is out of control. So my husband and I have declined to attend. We have told our or son to forgive is buy will skip on this one. Do u think that was the right thing to do? I also told my husband to call and tell the exwife that on the future we will not slipping anymore funtions and we will be part of the future events with no future issues and my husband Saya be will not talk to her because he don't feel that he needs to. I feel that I will not attwnd any functions until he clears the air. Tell what u think?
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this
You may want to reread this and edit it - there are a lot of errors and it is hard to understand what you are saying.
ErinRenee815
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I'm guessing this was typed up on your phone or something. It was very hard to understand. From what I can gather though you should go to the event, or hubby should. BM being stupid is a bad reason to skip it. People are stupid all the time. You'd miss out on a lot if you let that get to you too much. 

TrentonGirl
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Quoting HopesNDreams:

You may want to reread this and edit it - there are a lot of errors and it is hard to understand what you are saying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I feel you should go. Its a big thing, he's having a child, and its kind of mean to skip out just because someone you don't like will be there. Just be the adult, go and avoid her, dont get involved and talk to her if you dont get along, just focus on the babyshower.

rebeccasmly
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I wouldn't miss it because the ex wants to get stupid. This is about the now grown child celebrating the birth of his first child. Is that something  you all really want to miss because of the ex?

cnjmoody5
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM
OMG! I'm going thru the exact situation! I've been narried for 18 years and my stepson is having a baby with his girlfriend! BM is saying that she is going to get me! So I have decided not to attend! Not because I'm scared of her, but this is a special day for my SS. I would not want to ruin it with this nonsence! It makes me so mad, because I don't want to miss it! But it is what it is! I told my husband if he wanted to go he should!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured