Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I feel free, but I know I'm wrong

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM
  • 27 Replies
When I met my dh his my stepson was 3 yrs old! I have been married for almost 19 yrs and have a 19, 16 and 14 year old marriage has not been perfect! After 7 yrs of marriage by dh had an affair with his ex and she got pregnant! After many months and yrs of counceling, my marriage is not perfect but it has come along way! The problem I'm having is with bm! I don't like her and I don't have to! About a year ago my daughter found out she had a twitter account! And she was talking about me and my children and my husband! Saying all kind of lies! So I sent her a text and the few started! My stepson stoped talking to me! I don't feel I have to put up with her any more! He wants me to stop, he says that his mom is crazy! But why should I let her spread lies about my family! If she talks trash she better be ready, because I will make her eat her lies! Should I just let her be? Please help!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Need more information. What was she saying in her tweets about you and your kids?

What was the text message that you sent her?

Your stepson wants you to stop what? what are you doing that he wants you to stop doing? Are you continuing to send her texts?

drumlinemama
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I personally wouldn't give into this petty drama with bm and I feel you and dh should sit down with your stepson and discuss your feelings with him and how it hurt you to see all these things being said about your family.  Be the bigger person and cut off ties with BM.  

~Julie In Ohio~

Mom of 4 Teens

"Two wrongs don't make a right!"

cnjmoody5
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM
She was sayong tha my daughter(16) was preagnant and that she was handfull! My daughter is a good daughter! Typical teen ager! She was sayong that my husband had another women, and she said I'm stupid for being married to him! She is crazy! I don't talk to her or evev see her! On my text that I sent her I just told her she was wrong and she needed to keep my children and me out of her mouth! She called me and left a message cursing me! My step son said he is not in it! But has stop talking to me! I understand that is his mom, but I have put up with this for far to long and I refuse to lay back and let het talk trash! Sorry!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you have friends in common? Otherwise I Would ignore her stupid rants cause that's all they are. Even if you do know some of the same people and they know your family they'll most likely disregard Bm's silly attempts to cause drama. Imo you're keeping the drama going by texting her, just let it go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnjmoody5
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM
I know you are right she calls my sister in laws and tells them lies! I know I should just ignore her! But I can't stand her!! I know I'm wrong!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilangilyn
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I think don't read her tweets. I think invest in your own life and marriage. Low class people can say whatever they want. High class people don't respond to that silliness. I think you are probably high class.

Moms2NTwins
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Probably just let her be but if you want to say what you have on your mind...go for it!! I have been in a similar situation. Someone sent me a link one day on myspace and it went straight to BMs dads blog...OMG I was the general topic of discussion...I was called a drug addict he said something about Dh and his new "family" family in quotations like we werent a real family?? I ripped into that man with both barrels and told him everything I felt about his daughter, from her constantly cheating on DH to poisoning the skids minds with BS, to allowing a man to slap her kids across the face, to not even knowing 100% who SDs father is and her threatening to kill me and my kids and what did I get?? An apology!!

As far as BM and her emails on myspace, I eventually had to block her. That really pissed her off. I found that the less I engaged with her the more pissed she would get and I loved it.

She called me one day at my grandmothers cussing me, threatening me and my kids and I kept calmly asking "are you done yet?" OMG she was furious lol Sometimes you just have to walk away though, it isnt worth it. While I have a hard time doing that I eventually had to for my own sanity. I allowed BM to have too much power in my mind. I havent seen her since May '08 and I couldnt be happier. 

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Quoting cnjmoody5:

I know you are right she calls my sister in laws and tells them lies! I know I should just ignore her! But I can't stand her!! I know I'm wrong!!

Since you already know you're wrong, why don't you just stop?

Moms2NTwins
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Because saying and doing are 2 totally different things. It seems natural instinct is to "fight back" or defend ourselves. If we dont say anything we often feel we're letting them win. None of this is probably the right way to go but in general this is usually the way I feel. I have a hard time sitting back knowing someone is talking crap about me. It's very hard to ignore :o/

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting cnjmoody5:

Since you already know you're wrong, why don't you just stop?

wife to Ron and proud 

momma to 4 kiddos b(15) b(9) & my twins b/g(6) bonus kids: b(14) g(9)

http://www.truthforsophia.com/ 

CFSTBSM27
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Definitely drop her and her crap don't add fuel its was immature idiots want you to do....don't engage w terrorists

Quoting drumlinemama:

I personally wouldn't give into this petty drama with bm and I feel you and dh should sit down with your stepson and discuss your feelings with him and how it hurt you to see all these things being said about your family.  Be the bigger person and cut off ties with BM.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN