Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

paupers oath.

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
how would you feel if your ex claimed paupers oath? I find that notion hilarious or let's say your partner so that he could get out of paying child support yet his partner is collecting 600 give or take a month for her child ..would you feel right that your partner was doing this ..not paying his part but willing to use your childs money to pay the bills ..to me that is not a man . yet he is making good money working under the table
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lilangilyn
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I have not heard of pauper's oath, so I can't really respond. I know my DH was out of work for two years. I wish we would have known about it then. But never heard of it. My DH never had the opportunity to work under the table either, so that was never an issue.

rose0919
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

i would think he is scum...... but that is only my opinion real men take care of their own!

nena61978
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I had never heard of it either until my friend told me her ex did this while he had his new wife's parents living with his and her sister and the sisters three children ..paupers oath..its basically saying you can't afford to pay the chid support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I have no idea what a paupers oath is.

DDDaysh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Here it's something you can sign saying that you cannot afford to pay court fees, and they'll waive the fees.  If you do though, the court has right to check into your assets and you can get charged with perjury if you're lying. 

It's only court fees though, at least here, it doesn't get you out of paying CS. 

Quoting whatIknownow:

feliciasmith
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM
if my ex knew about this he'd do it but he's beloww scum as it is so not a long shot for him lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
I didn't know it could take away child support. Here it waives court fees but you have to see a judge first. My aunt's exh is claiming bankruptcy and is trying to get child support dropped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nena61978
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM
oh wow really just the court fees.so nothing on the child support ? cool..i just looked it up and read like a few sentences and had to get back to work but it was in my mind

Quoting DDDaysh:

Here it's something you can sign saying that you cannot afford to pay court fees, and they'll waive the fees.  If you do though, the court has right to check into your assets and you can get charged with perjury if you're lying. 

It's only court fees though, at least here, it doesn't get you out of paying CS. 

Quoting whatIknownow:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN