Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Hi. I am a mom of 7. Three from a previous marriage, 2 from my current and loving marriage, and 2 are my husbands children.

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I would be very interested in discussing how difficult my situation can be at times with any other mom's out there that are in this same situation.  It would be nice to have someone to discuss situations with and even vent to about some of the ridiculous things that occur.  Looking forward to hearing from someone that can relate, and maybe compare and share info./advice.

Linda McCarter

by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jeriballinger
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

hello!!!

angelmommy2806
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I have a different story but I can tell you this group of women have been very helpful to me and my "issues". I'm sure you'll find some comfort sharing your angst and hoorays here. :)

berryconfusing
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Hello, I would be interested. I can relate on the large family as we have 7 between us. I have four and he has three. Thankfully, we have none together, but I can imagine the extra pain that would cause. In some ways I think we are experiencing the "ours" through grandchildren. We have been together 12 years, married for 7 of those years. Our children range in age currently from a set of twins 16 yrs of age, then 21, 21, 23, 26, 28....all boys but the two 21 year olds are girls and don't like each other. My kids accept my husband but his kids hate me and don't even acknowledge me as a SM and have said so straight to my face. I have lots of resentment towards his kids and have frequently thought of walking out of the whole kid relationship issues on many levels. I am often confused on how to proceed on many issues and how far I can push issues without being wrong??

braezmommy89
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM
7 here as well:)
5 are my df's and we have 2 together:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyTo5Boys
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I don't quite have 7 but we have 5. Just his and mine - no ours. I have 3 sons from my XH and he has 2 sons from an XGF. Very rough situation at times I can tell ya that. lol.

lilangilyn
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Four of mine, now grown. One of his, soon to graduate HS. Welcome.

CAC09
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I have 6 - 3&3! We've got major issues here too. DH's Ex is a drug addict and MIA most of the time. When she is around she manipulates and causes more trouble. The oldest 2 are DH's boys - 18 & 20. Stealing, lying, cheating, pot smoking, lazy, entitled, immature, disrespectful, self indulgent boys! They hate me, of course, because I flat out call them on everything and try to hold boundaries here at our house. "She has control and Dad you are a pussy because you let her!" Love that one!
Well, I am at the point to where I have completely disengaged from them in order to protect my sanity, my home and the younger kids. All my husband and I did for a while was argue about how to handle these brats. Now when they screw up, I say "Told you". Still want to strangle my husband because, out of guilt, he doesn't follow through with consequences and boundaries with his boys, but I am trying to back off unless it is a safety issue with the rest of the family.
So, I've got much more to tell and can probably relate to almost any situation. Just ask!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pokey-pwa
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM
9 here...3 daughters, 3 step daughters, and three step sons. We don't have any together though and don't plan on ot either. I have posted a few times in here and gotten some great advice and support. Our situation is definitely not drama free but we are working on it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)