Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Inlaws and skids :) **VENT**

Posted by   + Show Post

In Fairytale everyone gets along. In reality-not really.

We all have a variety of skids-love'em,hate 'em,barely tolerate them,wish we could trade them in for better models.

Same goes for the in laws. How do you deal with the in laws?!

Since the day he was born-SS5 was always MIL's favorite (let me state for the record-she's got mental issues-like needs to be in a padded room mental issues). Every Friday BM would drop him off to MIL-she'd care for SS while DH was at work. Care for him on the weekends while Dh slept in.

SS was 9months when i came into his life. MIL liked me then.Until about 2 yrs ago-when MIL's parents passed=she started going off the deep end.

She started getting obsessive with SS. She would do her errands every Saturday-and would take SS with her-whether DH wanted her to or not. She basically co parented with DH until I moved in last year.

SS5 and I share a birthday. July 19th is our day. She actually told me 2 yrs ago I'm not allowed to celebrate "her grandson's birthday" because I'm not family and I don't count. Then wondered why DH refused to attend the birthday party she threw for SS. We instead attended a family party my parents threw for us both.

Then came "THE INCIDENT" SS5 was in a mood-refusing to obey me. After multiple calls his father at work-getting nowhere-I called BM for help-she offered to come pick him. This was on a Friday-MIL was suppose to take him overnight.

I called MIL to tell her NOT to come pick up SS because he wasn't going to be here-she went off on me. Barged into my house-assaulted me and BM both-told Us both we had no right "to keep her from her grandson" and how we BOTH deserve to lose our children.

All because SS5 was acting up and I called BM  for help. MIL and DH both actually told me I had no right to call BM and I should have let MIL deal with him. BM said "I'm his mother NOT HER"

"ENTER THE NOSY NEIGHBORS WHO LOVE CALLING THE PO PO"

MIL takes off speeding-nearly running over the neighbors trash cans-here come the cops-2 cars. One takes off after MIL. We talked to the cops-got shit straight.

Why do the in laws think they're entitled to these kids like this?! I understand MIL loves her grand kids (only the bios though SD11 and DD8 both get treated like shit because "they're not FAH-MILY" however this lady actually told me and BM-she has more right to this boy then we do!

How the fck is that possible?!

This was back in the fall this happened. MIL still comes every Sunday to visit-SS really doesn't bother with her. She fake cries with him and bribes him-but it never works.

The police told Dh to keep his mother away. She's not allowed in my house or on our property at ALL. If she wants to see or talk to DH-she calls the house phone (not my cell since I pay for that) and meets him down at the corner. And she knows I'm serious about her being banned. Every Time she comes around-I stand at the door holding the phone watching her.

Do any of your inlaws acting possessive of your skids?

My parents sure as hell don't. They love all the grand kids equally and spoil equally.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quoting Kholt:

my former MIL was like this. She actually TOLD me while i was preg with 2nd DD that if me and X ever divorced it would be my fault and she would be sure i didnt get the kids. She would help him get custody and she would raise them. I told X that i felt verbally assaulted by her words and tone. When the time came that we DID seperate. He gave me custody with no objection. He does ask that we visit with her for short periods (this sat we have to meet her for a cpl hours but usually only once a year) and I checked before seperating that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GRANDPARENT RIGHTS ANYMORE. The closest there comes is IF BOTH parents are deceased and there is no "god parents" set in place then they can petition for custody. I made sure i had godparents set up. and everything in place that IF he and I both die somehow they dont go to either grandparents just set 1 or back up godparents.the day me and X seperated was not a calm day  she came to pick up her son (DL was suspended) and picked up my youngest child. I took him from her and she picked up my dog  right then cop walked in and said put down the dog nothing here belongs to you. You wait in car he will bring out what we say he can take. she stalked me for months after that and calld DCF every week trying to get custody  FAILED. Kids are with me and whining about having to go Sat. do we have to  but i would rather _____. how long do we have to stay ect. and its not even like we r going to her house  we are meeting at a fun activity. they would rather give up activity completely than go. I have to say your daddy said please go and be nice for them to agree.

these women think they can raise our kids better then we can?!

pfffft MIL didnt even raise DH-her parents did. she never bothered parenting him0she always dropped him off at her parents

your MIL needs to get shipped off to Antartica with the rest of them!!

SS whines and complains too-she'll try to hold him like a baby-he's 5yo and build like a brick wall-he tells her "mom mom i dont like you holding me like that"

she'll cry "but you're my baby boy"

THAT pisses him off-because he knows he's 5-NOT a baby and hates being refered to as a baby

alot of times he'll just go kiss her and say hi-then ask DH "dad can i go now!" 

then MIL gets allwhiny because he doesnt want to be around her.

like i really wanna smack her-HERE"S YOUR CLUE!

angelmommy2806
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Thank you. Caiston was still born and now he's with my daughter.

I'm sorry your Mil is like that. It would drive me up a wall. In fact I'm one of those people that would say something. I didn't outright say anything to my Fil cause he wouldn't give a damn.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting angelmommy2806:

My Mil is awesome. My Fil could fall off a cliff and I wouldn't shed a tear. DH's parents have been divorced since he was 3. I lost complete respect for my Fil when my Bil lost his first son to anencephaly and he didn't come to the funeral. He didn't come because he said he had to work, but could have called and told them the situation. He sure as hell made it afterward though for the booze.

First-I'm sorry for your loss-My aunt (who was pregnant when i was with DD) lost her baby girl to anencephaly. Amanda was 3 days old when she left us.

I'm opposite of you-FIL I LOVE! That man is SUPER! Mil can go fck herself in hell with Satan for all i care. She actually gets pissy when DH attends any school functions for SD11 and DD8. (neither are his bio kids) or if my family comes to visit us. She got really pissy back In august-she showed up the first Saturday of August wanting to take SS5 to the beach-and DH told her no-we were going to MY family  reunion (its every 5yrs)

She actually got out of her car in the middle of the street and threw HERSELF DOWN and had herself a good old fashioned temper tantrum!!

OMG my neighbors were sooo shocked!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quoting angelmommy2806:

Thank you. Caiston was still born and now he's with my daughter.

I'm sorry your Mil is like that. It would drive me up a wall. In fact I'm one of those people that would say something. I didn't outright say anything to my Fil cause he wouldn't give a damn.

FIL told Dh many times to keep MIL away from SS because she wasn't acting right. He's in a nursing home-and she would cry and whine how I'm keeping her fromher grandson-he'd try to reason with her-but she'd talk crazy.

Saying she could come into my house anytime she wanted-because her son lives here-and that gives her full access.-She could have me dealt with by her daughter (400lb lardass-hence why i keep the bat stashed in the kitchen)

She's really unbalanced. It's so bad that even my GRANDPARENTS have spoken to DH about his mom. My parents/my siblings have seen her in action. My father changed all our locks and fixed all the windows so she couldn't get in.

Had our landlord replaced our basement doors (huge wooden doors with no lock) with metal ones so we could lock them.

The cops also alerted 3 of our neighbors-that if they spot her in our area during the week after 3pm-to alert them. She's not allowed in our area M-F after 3pm because DH has work then.

If DH's not home-she has no reason to be here.

She really scares me. She's a big woman. Think of that mother from The Goonies-the fugly bitch in all black-with the 2 sons that kidnapped the goonies. creeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy

she resembles MIL real well lol

rwblake2011
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats how my MIL is but shes states away. So had she been awful like my former MIL i would be safe.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting rwblake2011:

Im very lucky 1 I love my MIL 2 she lives in a whole other state. LOL

i wish i had DD's paternal grandmother for a MIL.

She was a dream come true!!!

Let's just say she knew i was mom-i was the #1 boss when it came to DD-and Grandmom always backed me up no matter what!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kholt
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM

lmao  i know  why cant they see their precious one isnt enjoying it. My FMIL doesnt have a single child she raised that doesnt have a crimial record. My children are NOONES 2nd chance.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting Kholt:

my former MIL was like this. She actually TOLD me while i was preg with 2nd DD that if me and X ever divorced it would be my fault and she would be sure i didnt get the kids. She would help him get custody and she would raise them. I told X that i felt verbally assaulted by her words and tone. When the time came that we DID seperate. He gave me custody with no objection. He does ask that we visit with her for short periods (this sat we have to meet her for a cpl hours but usually only once a year) and I checked before seperating that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GRANDPARENT RIGHTS ANYMORE. The closest there comes is IF BOTH parents are deceased and there is no "god parents" set in place then they can petition for custody. I made sure i had godparents set up. and everything in place that IF he and I both die somehow they dont go to either grandparents just set 1 or back up godparents.the day me and X seperated was not a calm day  she came to pick up her son (DL was suspended) and picked up my youngest child. I took him from her and she picked up my dog  right then cop walked in and said put down the dog nothing here belongs to you. You wait in car he will bring out what we say he can take. she stalked me for months after that and calld DCF every week trying to get custody  FAILED. Kids are with me and whining about having to go Sat. do we have to  but i would rather _____. how long do we have to stay ect. and its not even like we r going to her house  we are meeting at a fun activity. they would rather give up activity completely than go. I have to say your daddy said please go and be nice for them to agree.

these women think they can raise our kids better then we can?!

pfffft MIL didnt even raise DH-her parents did. she never bothered parenting him0she always dropped him off at her parents

your MIL needs to get shipped off to Antartica with the rest of them!!

SS whines and complains too-she'll try to hold him like a baby-he's 5yo and build like a brick wall-he tells her "mom mom i dont like you holding me like that"

she'll cry "but you're my baby boy"

THAT pisses him off-because he knows he's 5-NOT a baby and hates being refered to as a baby

alot of times he'll just go kiss her and say hi-then ask DH "dad can i go now!" 

then MIL gets allwhiny because he doesnt want to be around her.

like i really wanna smack her-HERE"S YOUR CLUE!

daddysgf
by and that's all on May. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM

This is eerily similar to my life... right down to the SS birthday sharing... MIL isn't that extreme most of the time but easily could be.. and I feel like if I was to have a child with her son, he wouldn't matter - not like Little Man does to her.. 

Mother's Day is an issue here too.. I seriously cannot get over the similarities

wife_to_eric
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I love my In-laws, Thank you Lord!!!!, they are amazing and love all of the kids, they even considers my siblings, nieces and nephews (from my side) to be family and treat them wonderfully (always include them, invite them to family gatherings, etc.) My family is the same way. The only issue is that I cannot have MIL and my mom together for a long period of time, they have very similar dominating personalities  and try to be the center of attention so its best just to keep them apart

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Quoting wife_to_eric:

I love my In-laws, Thank you Lord!!!!, they are amazing and love all of the kids, they even considers my siblings, nieces and nephews (from my side) to be family and treat them wonderfully (always include them, invite them to family gatherings, etc.) My family is the same way. The only issue is that I cannot have MIL and my mom together for a long period of time, they have very similar dominating personalities  and try to be the center of attention so its best just to keep them apart

you are 1 lucky woman!!!

if my mom and MIL were within 5ft of one another-someone's gonna get put in a body bag

bcauseimthemom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM

The vagina that brought my husband into the world along with the rest of his family have nothing to do with us anymore. I will just say that I will not tolerate favoritism at all. I don't expect them to dote all over my sons which are not biologically hubby's but I to demand that the boys are respected. They could not do this so they are not in our lives.  It was a joint decision between hubby and I.

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Nope.

I will Definetely say that my Dd is my moms favorite, because she was the first grandchild. But my mom is really good about treating all the kids equally when we're all in one place. She hasn't met SS yet, we all live in different states.

My mil (SOs mom) has the biggest heart, from the day she met DD she just loved her to pieces. She doesn't give two shits that DD isn't her "blood"..... I dare somebody to tell her that Dd isn't her grand baby, she'll tear you to shreds....dd is equal the the othr gkids as far as she is concerned.

Heck even BMs mom is good about it. She straight up told DD"you can call me grandma so and so!!" bm hates it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)