Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OT-Chevy Suburban? (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

DH and I were looking at getting a Chevy Tahoe but now DH is talking about getting a Suburban instead. If you have owned one or currently own one, what do you like, not like? The MPG is lower then what I am use to and a tad bit lower then the Tahoe but when driving it, how does it really do on gas? Thanks ladies!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamaofficer
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM
You can google the info, I don't own one, but was told they are bad on gas. What year model are you getting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gr8d8n3mom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

DH & I bought a used Chevy Suburban 2004 a yr a go this month. I love it!  Ours has the dvd player in the roof(kind of a pain) and captains chairs in the middle, full back seat, heated seats, electric everything up front, dual air/heat controls for passenger and driver.

The MPG thru the around town driving really depends on how ur taking off at red lights and stop signs, we get about 17-18. If we go long distance Its usually 20 or better, unless we are pulling the jet skis, (I think the burb laughs at the fact it is pulling 2 jet skis!)

We were looking at Tahoes, Durangos, and the Blazer with the 3rd row seating, none have much better MPG, so we went for comfort as well as maybe loosing a mpg or so.

We also have older kids they range in age from 2-19 yr olds 1-16 (almost 17 yrs old) and a 13 yr old, add in a cattle dog, a Great Dane(who thinks we got the burb for HER) and a Rat Terrier, That's a burb full! .. Good luck in ur search, I don't regret mine at all

planning a wedding

rebeccasmly
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Wow! Thanks for easing my mind a bit about the MPGs. I don't drive aggressively at all so I do really good on gas. DH on the other hand, I can always tell when he's driven my vehicle, lol. Our kids are preteens and teens now so we figured they will be wanting more leg room. That's why we're looking at getting rid of my van. Plus when we go camping and on trips, we could use more space. We're looking at 2004.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN