Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

im not gonna have any hair by the time im 30!!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

my husband has a 12 year old daughter with his first wife. and she is a pain in the ass. her father and i got married last november and have been together for 3 years. anyways she desided to tell everyone that i was not her parent and i could not tell her what to do or ground her from anything. she has put her hands on me multiple times and im seriously about sick of it. she doesnt listen worth a damn and i dont know where else to turn bc my husband wont stand up and she runs to her grandmother whenever i tell her to do something. i swear im gonna show her she has to but i know that spanking a 12 yr old she would probably just laugh at me... anyone got an idea?

help me!!!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErinRenee815
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Spanking a 12 year old could get you arrested so I wouldn't do that for sure. Ummm....I would have DH tell the child that she is not to address you in any way until she can do so with respect. And then I would tell DH that this isn't going to work unless he mans up and takes control of his child. It's his responsibility to take care of the grounding while she is with you guys. 

jlg12678
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not watch her at all. If she is getting violent with you your dh needs to be with her 24/7 when she is in your home.

And if he can't be she stays with bm.  Or he finds a sitter that is not you.  

angelmommy2806
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
If she puts her hands on you call the police. Even if you aren't her parent you're an adult. Your DH needs to get some control of his daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM
I wouldn't watch her like jlg said. At all! I think girls are harder. My skids are easier bc they are boys,IMO.

Girls are little Witches.lol. I say keep away from Her. I'm Sorry your Dh doesn't handle it. :(that would be a tremendous help. That would solve probably 90% of the probelm.

But since he isn't,so for your own sake, I'd STAY AWAY FROM Sd. It's making you turn into a evil stepmama. I have btdt. It's not my best side of me. Lol.

Please stay away. Be happy. Disengage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Don't watch her, call the po po or leave when she is there.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM
What do you say?will the police even take her seriously? I'm asking bc some cops would think its silly.

Quoting jessiesluv:

Don't watch her, call the po po or leave when she is there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM
How much does Dh have sd??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you tell her you're her parent?  Or act like you are?  If you do, she doesn't have to agree with your assessment of who you are to her.  She may never view you as a parent and she doesn't have to.

Your husband has to do something about the violence. 

kloesmommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Do like I did. Tell dh one more incident and you will call the police immediately no questions asked (I had different incidents than you but either way) I made it crystal clear that there was to be no discussion and I wouldn't even discuss anything with him if there were another incident- it would call police first THEN tell dh about it. Let's just say he finally saw the light and has been 100% more attentive to prevent future problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM
This.

The child would not be allowed in my home anymore. DH would have to go somewhere else to take his parenting time, I would not have a child come into my house and disrespect me in any form, and not be able to discipline them.

Quoting kloesmommy:

Do like I did. Tell dh one more incident and you will call the police immediately no questions asked (I had different incidents than you but either way) I made it crystal clear that there was to be no discussion and I wouldn't even discuss anything with him if there were another incident- it would call police first THEN tell dh about it. Let's just say he finally saw the light and has been 100% more attentive to prevent future problems.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)