Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Custody S/O how does dh get main custody?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 36 Replies
I've seen tons of women here have full custody or where bm gets visitation. How the heck does that happen? lol Where I live moms get custody and dads are effed! We would love to get ss full time but probably wont :( How did he do it?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

BM lost custody when CPS removed the kids from her home.

They refused to go back because they were finally living in a peaceful home.  They were away from BM's drinking and verbal abuse and SF beating up their Mom in front of them.

Sunivondea
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM
What was the agreement before that? how old are they?

Quoting WifeyC:

BM lost custody when CPS removed the kids from her home.

They refused to go back because they were finally living in a peaceful home.  They were away from BM's drinking and verbal abuse and SF beating up their Mom in front of them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJaiClark
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Our state is like OP's. Unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that BM is unfit...she wins...every time. Unless of course she just hands the kids over but how many women actually do that? I mean come on...kids are pawns to get what we want aren't they?! (that was a joke btw)

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

In our case, BM gave residential custody to DH because she has bipolar disorder and it was not well-controlled at the time, and she was unable to take care of her kids. If it had not been consentual, I don't think DH would have had grounds to win a custody case. He knew that, and never sought custody.

notuseless
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:33 PM

well we got two of three because bm said 3 was just too much to handle.

pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM

During the separation, which was 6 long years, BM made some very bad (not illegal) choices that the kids couldn't forget.  One by one they all ended up at my house.  Her bad choices continued after she had child #5-no relation to DH.  We now have custody of him also.  DH got custody because that's where they want to be. 

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on May. 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

BM first got custody. She refused to work with DH, restricted SD from him, didn't follow CO, etc. The key was to DOCUMENT everything. We went to court and BM would show her behind, wouldn't follow CO. Finally DH got shared parenting (he never wanted sole custody, just wanted as much time that BM was getting and included in all decisions). SD wants to live with us full time and visit her BM, but DH said that he would never take her away from her BM (in our state SD could tell a judge who she wants to live with now), she's never abused SD or anything like that. The 50/50 arrangement has worked out really well.

laughnchica
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM

My SO's ex gave him full custody when they divorced because she "wanted to be able to live her life"...her words. After all this BS she put us thru in the past three months, my SO has full custody back because of the fact that she gave it to him in the first place and she has no good reason to show the court that he should not have full custody.

Lachrymose
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM

BM tried to move without leaving a trace the weekend we had SD.. (she had moved out of her house that weekend and tried to fake her voice on the phone when DH called her at work the next Monday) and she finally said over the phone that she could no longer take care of SD. 

They were just starting the divorce process (finally after DH refused to sign the initial papers she had drawn up a couple years back that wanted him to pay for the son she had when she was 15 and a lot of other stupid things).. AHEM.. anyway.. lol.. DH went to his lawyer and they had "emergency custody" papers drawn up.  From that point on, he had custody.   But it's still all biased.. she gets away with every little thing.. even insurance fraud, lying to the court, allowing a rape to happen under her care.. sigh.. anyway..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)