Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Acceptable Reasons to Hate

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 46 Replies

I don't  hate anyone currently.  Probably right after I found out about OW I hated BF and OW.  No hate there anymore.  Pretty neutral.  I actually like SM now.

I have never hated SD19 although I do dislike her because she is not a nice person and she has caused many people much pain.

Have I hated BM?  I am sure I have had moments.  But like SD, I dislike her.  And mainly because of the way she treats DH.

But I have never hated a young child.  Nor have I ever wished that someone simply didn't exists.  Hate is a really powerful emotion.  I think of it as the opposite of love.  All the positive good stuff love does for the soul, I believe hate does as much bad.

Yet there is obviously support here and on other CM forums for a hate filled life.  That there are acceptable reasons to hate.  Maybe a stepchild has stolen from you or has beat your other child.  Maybe BM has sent DH naked pictures of herself and has caused difficulty in your marriage.  Maybe she has stalked you and your home.

What are those acceptable reasons to hate?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 7:20 PM
3 moms liked this

If the skid looks and acts like BM. LOL

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I can say I don't hate anything or anyone. 

That word is considered a bad word in my house. 

HAHA... I just remembered a funny story. DD now 15 came home from kindergarten. I asked her how her day was. DD said a girl at school said a bad word. I asked what she said, but DD kept saying I can't say it. I finally told her to just tell me. With the most serious face, she whispered in my ear.... she said I hate school. 

LOL

jessiesluv
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this

To me, there are no reasons to hate someone. Holding on to hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. (love that quote!)

I have had my moments when I said I hated bm, but in all fairness, it wasn't that I hated her, she had just pissed me off to no end and I reeeeeeally disliked her. lol

I believe forgiveness is there for a reason. To make yourself at peace.

LivnSimply
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I am not sure I could hate anyone ... but I do believe there are some people out on the world that are just bad people.

I could honestly hate evil. I've met some people who have given me chills inside and out PDX, you just know they aren't good.

In that light, someone who is cruel would likely be the one person I would hate. I think that reflects a certain lack of most human traits.

I think a lot of people misuse "hate" and really mean they dislike. Hate is passionate. Dislike is politically correct. I am more PC. Some are more emotionally charged or passionate so they use words that will stir emotions. IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM
I have a problem with the word hate its just such a waste of energy to actively hate someone. I don't hate bm I pity her bc it obvious to me and everyone that come in contact with her that she is immature and has issues within herself that drive her behavior. I don't hate my ex and his girlfriend - I simply don't respect them or their choices to act the way they do. I definately don't hate my dss I love him and if I couldn't at the very least care about him I wouldn't have married my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoochieLibre
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't hate anyone. BM drives me crazy with the way she treats everyone, but I don't hate her. I got this tattoo last year as a reminder to not let anyone get the better of me:

chanizen
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate that people are starving. I hate that people still hate each other for race, gender, sexual preference, ethnicity, culture. I hate that children suffer.

I hate the stupid screwed up behaviors that cause pain, suffering, confusion.

I don't hate people. People should be cherished. We have a short time on this earth. I may hate a behavior. But not a person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErinRenee815
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Really?  None of you hate Hitler or Osama Bin Laden? You hate no one? I totally hate both of them. 

ThePinkRobot
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I hate my sister's ex boyfriend. I want him dead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Reasons for my hate:

Treating me and DH like shit

Talking bad about my child

Trying to run my child and sister over.

That is why I hate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN