Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acceptable Reasons to Hate

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't  hate anyone currently.  Probably right after I found out about OW I hated BF and OW.  No hate there anymore.  Pretty neutral.  I actually like SM now.

I have never hated SD19 although I do dislike her because she is not a nice person and she has caused many people much pain.

Have I hated BM?  I am sure I have had moments.  But like SD, I dislike her.  And mainly because of the way she treats DH.

But I have never hated a young child.  Nor have I ever wished that someone simply didn't exists.  Hate is a really powerful emotion.  I think of it as the opposite of love.  All the positive good stuff love does for the soul, I believe hate does as much bad.

Yet there is obviously support here and on other CM forums for a hate filled life.  That there are acceptable reasons to hate.  Maybe a stepchild has stolen from you or has beat your other child.  Maybe BM has sent DH naked pictures of herself and has caused difficulty in your marriage.  Maybe she has stalked you and your home.

What are those acceptable reasons to hate?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Replies (41-46):
pepper504
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Hate means that I care and I do not care that much to hate. 

I have disliked SS13 for who he was and what he represented EVERY TIME he was at my house.  It was not a kid coming to visit, it was his mother disguised as a kid.  It was not until an opportunity presented itself that it got better.  She no longer comes over in the form of a 13 year old boy and her issues are left at her house where they belong.  The kid has come a long way.  He always WANTED to like me, but his loyalty to his mother would not allow that.  Once he learned that it was he who was giving information to the warlord (not us or anyone else), things have changed and although I am sure that life at the mothership is shitty, he is allowed to like me have fun when he is with us without feeling like a shithead for doing so. 

nmaxwell816
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I hate my oldest sons bf he is a douche
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I dont think its right to hate anyone. Hate means that you wish they didn't exist and wouldn't care if something horrible happened to them, its a bitter horrible emotion. I hate what some people have done, but I dont hate them. 

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on May. 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Quoting baparrot2:

If the skid looks and acts like BM. LOL

Who should you hate?

Skid for looking/acting like BM?

BM for having a kid "JUST LIKE HER"?

BF for fucking BM in the first place? (Of course, it was a drunken one night stand, she's a crack whore and it took him 6 years to find them for the DNA test)

vintagebikegirl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM
There are plenty of peopl, things and situations that I hate. In my own personal life....I HATE the poor decisions that BM makes, I HATE what she has put me and my family through for her own selfish reasons. I HATE that so much of my time has been WASTED on her BS.

Do I hate her? No, but I will never forgive or forget what she has done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 6:49 AM

That!

Quoting pepper504:

Hate means that I care and I do not care that much to hate

I have disliked SS13 for who he was and what he represented EVERY TIME he was at my house.  It was not a kid coming to visit, it was his mother disguised as a kid.  It was not until an opportunity presented itself that it got better.  She no longer comes over in the form of a 13 year old boy and her issues are left at her house where they belong.  The kid has come a long way.  He always WANTED to like me, but his loyalty to his mother would not allow that.  Once he learned that it was he who was giving information to the warlord (not us or anyone else), things have changed and although I am sure that life at the mothership is shitty, he is allowed to like me have fun when he is with us without feeling like a shithead for doing so. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured