Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Acceptable Reasons to Hate

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't  hate anyone currently.  Probably right after I found out about OW I hated BF and OW.  No hate there anymore.  Pretty neutral.  I actually like SM now.

I have never hated SD19 although I do dislike her because she is not a nice person and she has caused many people much pain.

Have I hated BM?  I am sure I have had moments.  But like SD, I dislike her.  And mainly because of the way she treats DH.

But I have never hated a young child.  Nor have I ever wished that someone simply didn't exists.  Hate is a really powerful emotion.  I think of it as the opposite of love.  All the positive good stuff love does for the soul, I believe hate does as much bad.

Yet there is obviously support here and on other CM forums for a hate filled life.  That there are acceptable reasons to hate.  Maybe a stepchild has stolen from you or has beat your other child.  Maybe BM has sent DH naked pictures of herself and has caused difficulty in your marriage.  Maybe she has stalked you and your home.

What are those acceptable reasons to hate?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
chanizen
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I decline to hate them.

Hatred makes people like that what they are. I loathe their choices and their actions. I mourn for the people they killed and the families denied their love ones.

Hating them would mean I joined them. I would teach my children hatred because they watch and learn from me.

Now I won't say that I will never hate someone. Right now I don't. I can't think of a time in my life where I truly hated a person. Now maybe that is just dumb luck, but I hope I never have cause to. Because, in my opinion, then I would become the mirror of that person. They would win by making me just like them.

The people I trust and admire most are loving and compassionate. How can I strive for that If I am weighed down by hate?

My opinion...

Quoting ErinRenee815:

Really?  None of you hate Hitler or Osama Bin Laden? You hate no one? I totally hate both of them. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Assaulting me or any member of my family.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I don't hate them. I hate what they did. 

Hate takes to much energy. 

Quoting ErinRenee815:

Really?  None of you hate Hitler or Osama Bin Laden? You hate no one? I totally hate both of them. 

newwife1
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I hate BM with MANY good reasons.

I don't hate SS, but I did for a time after he beat my dog. Anyone that could violently beat a sweet black lab so viciously is deserving of some hatred for a little bit.

I also hate LeBron James.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM

You crack me UP!!!!!

LMFAO

Quoting ThePinkRobot:

I hate my sister's ex boyfriend. I want him dead.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Okay lebron James might be my exception LeBron= traitor!!!!! Lol

Quoting newwife1:

I don't hate SS, but I did for a time after he beat my dog. Anyone that could violently beat a sweet black lab so viciously is deserving of some hatred for a little bit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newstepmom61811
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Hate is a strong word. I think when you really read the posts here about SMs who "hate" their SKs a handful are truly creepy women who need inpatient mental health care. Put those aside we know they are there, they have turned all our stomachs. What I see more often when I read posts calmly and don't let that word pull MY emotional trigger is a woman in crisis trying to convey how extreme at least in the moment she is feeling, often these posts are emotional and scattered. I don't think these women fit with the pathological first category. Oftwn these women are struggling with their feelings, know these feelings are extreme, know they don't fit with who they truly are, come here seeking help from anyone else whose situation may have gotten to such a crisis point that they find themselves in such an emotional state. They are already dealing with self loathing from these unacceptable feelings they don't want to have. They don't need to be told how horrible they are, they already feel bad, they aren't looking for the feelings to be validated (they already know the feelings aren't ok or they wouldn't be bothered by them to seek help), they want to know they are not alone, that others have weathered crises and extreme feelings and advice on how to cope, and problem solve. I think many SM who answer these posts are fast to criticize these women as bad people instead of extending humanity and grace and helping a woman asking for help in a crisis to a better place. Not I'm not a total fool, there are those handle of posts from truly crazy SMs who truly hate their SKs and want to be told they're right, they usually even hint to that they only want to hear agreeing answers in the OP, they don't mention being bothered by their feelings. Those posts are very different, make the others seeking help look bad. I din't waste my time on that kind of crazy, they don't want help, and it totally creeps me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vradybunch
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I don't think anyone truly hates anyone. The word hate should truly be about an action or behavior and even at that hate is normally used out of anger and frustration. Hate is a strong word. At times that word can be used to express what I don't like but not towards a person simply their actions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newwife1
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM

That's right!

I hope he chokes again this year in the finals. Idiot.

Quoting MommySabs:

Okay lebron James might be my exception LeBron= traitor!!!!! Lol

Quoting newwife1:

looneytunes290
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I may have sounded like I hate my skids before- I dont- I don't hate their mom either. I don't like them most of the time- mostly I just recognize them for who they are. It's sad because they are haters. And they stay miserable because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN