Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Child with fever visitation?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
Ds 7 came home today with a 103 fever . He is obviously staying home tomorrow. Exh has visitation on thursdays for a few hours and if ds still has a high fever I just don't feel good about making him get up get dressed and going there for a short amount of time when he will be going for the weekend on Friday ? What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CherryBlossom4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Call ex and tell him what is going on, is he chill about things like that? I wouldn't send kiddo if he had a high fever like that.
Bozo75
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I would keep him home tomorrow. The fever may come back later in the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Yeah he is staying home from school visitation is in the evening.

Exh is not um the most parental of parents lets say. Ds9 will still go regardless but I just think it doesn't make a lot of sense for a sick kid to get up to go ther and sleep for a couple hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I would keep my child home.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I would just call BF and let him know whats going on.

shrugging

jenn31
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Could you offer him another day, so he doesn't think your cutting into his time. My ex is like yours by the way.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the support. My instincts were he stays home, however things have been contentious with ex (due to nonparenting). So I just needed a bit reassurance that I wasn't subconsciously looking for a way for him to stay home. Ds9 is ticked he still has to go and ds7 doesn't but I told him its time to see dad and his brother is only staying bc he is sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I would talk to him and try to "trade" days. Especially with a fever that high. Is he going to the dr tomorrow? If he still has the fever I would take him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Thursday is an extra day I started giving him (back in his days of parenting) and it is his weekend so they will see him then too. And he wouldn't want an extra day it would cut into his time at the bar. ( sorry that was kind of snarky but sadly it's the truth)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I got the fever down enough to where I'm not worried. He's at about 101 going down right after Advil and then peaking there closer to the next dose. Just a touch of something that's been floating around if it lasts longer than a couple days I'll take him to immediate care but all they would do for him right now is give him Advil and fluids which we are doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)