Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

When something puts you in the middle of your husband and his ex....What to do? UPDATE!

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 62 Replies

Situation:  Two year old boy with curly long hair starts pulling it out during fits, then rubs it like crazy putting tangles in it.  Everyone tells your DH what a cute little girl he has!  Husband asks his wife SM to cut it since she has been to beauty school.  DH knows that his ex wants to cut it when she feels like it. He just asked her that it be done within 2 months, she had 3 months to do it. This is not his first haircut.  Auntie already blamed SM when she had cut it herself.  It wasn't done to cause "drama", the mom was told about the hair pulling.  

The BM liked the haircut and thanked Dad for taking the pain out of his hair.  It is interesting to see the ladies on her saying "Dad should let mom make the decision".  Sad to think one hair cut could make people so angry.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raerae725
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

You tell DH to talk it over with BM.  At least that is what I would do.  Right now BM and I are on decent terms, and I would just call her and ask her opinion.  DH knows I do this, because I tell him first.  

MommySabs
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't touch that child's hair in this case no way not with a ten foot pole. If you cut that boys hair you are wrong period the end. Tell your dh if he wants it cut and wants to piss off his ex he can pay someone else to do it and leave you out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Gwen
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM
If this would be the childs very first haircut than HELL NO! Don't do it! If BM wants that special moment with her baby let her have that! Do not take that away from her! Think for a moment how you would feel about this as a mom?! This is one of those major milestones like taking that first step or saying that first word. Do not get in the way of that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaraKirk
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM
My half brother was like 7 and he had hair down to his butt. My mom (his step mom) shaved it completely off when he came over one time, we were having a family portrait and she said it looked trashy. When he went home his mom was pissed! But she never let it grow out again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Nope! I would tell DH to take him to a salon and have it cut. No way would I put myself in the middle of that dog fight.

dee06
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I would do what the cp says

kristinbugg
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Refuse.  Explain to your DH that it isn't your place to cut your SS's hair.  That is something that he needs to discuss and execute with BM.

SammyJK
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Does the court order address this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never in a million years cut his hair.  If DH wants it done he can take him somewhere, and then deal with the aftermath.

lilangilyn
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting whatIknownow:

Nope! I would tell DH to take him to a salon and have it cut. No way would I put myself in the middle of that dog fight.

I would do this. I think both parents have a right and responsibility to keep their child comfortable and neat. So dad's wishes on this are just as important as mom's. He would like to share the child's first haircut as well. It is not just a woman's perogative to share all the firsts.

But I would not cut it myself. I would not go with them either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)