Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

CSMs: Is BM seeing the kids for Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 46 Replies
Just curious how many SMs will be spending the day with their SKs. Are you okay with them being there or would you prefer it was just your BKs? Do you have something special planned?

Or are you a SM whose SKs will be with BM? Do you wish they were with you or are you happy they are going with BM?

Either way, will your SKs recognize you a mother-figure or will you be ignored? Does it hurt your feelings if they don't recognize you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM

My SD13 will be seeing her mother for mother's day. I don't know about my SS17.

There was some drama around SD going to her moms - lots of passive-aggressive bullshit from BM, which SD is not putting up with anymore (and is the reason SS rarely spends time with her anymore). But I think they got it all settled and SD will be seeing her.

As for the second part, will the skids ignore me - I dont know, probably. But my own kids will probably not do anything either.

rebeccasmly
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM
SKs will be with us again this year. BM has chosen not to see them for Mother's Day for either 3 or 4 years now. I love having all my "kids" with me. We plan something special every year. I always felt bad the few years they went with BM, they would be in front of the TV all day while we were out doing stuff. They have always made me and bought me stuff. I have to make them get BM a card and something but I do want to make sure they recognize her even if they can't give it until they see her again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Gwen
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
We are celebrating mothers day tomorrow since BM is taking her visitation time this year. I have no bios so my 'day of' celebrations will include a full day of hot "no kids in the house" love making marathon sex followed by a romantic dinner for 2.... That's kind of backwards right? Hehehe. Sure I'll miss em but I'll get/stay busy, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madpenguin33
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM
My SO's kids will be with us. Mother's day happens to fall on a weekend that they don't get to see her( supervised visit). Not sure what we have planned yet, possibly going to see their grandma and great grandparents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM
They will be with us because BM lives out of state. They always acknowledge mothers day for me and are very sweet. If BM were closer it would not bother me for her to take the kids on that day. I have no kids of my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM

BM has mothers day every year, just like DH has fathers day.  I miss her and it feels weird that she is not there, but we'll probably do something with her when she comes home on Sunday. She picked out cards yesterday for her maternal Great grandma, Maternal Gma, BM, my mom(Grams), Fraternal GMa, and me.  Whew Hallmark youre welcome!

boysmom5
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM
They haven't decided. Last year was the first in five years that they spent with BM. I have to work,so they will probably go to BMs and DSs will go to BF's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tina51003
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Sd will be here. Now that bm lives out of state, sd is here for mothers day, and there for fathers day. Sd is very sweet, she normally rounds up our lo's and plans something creative with them for me. We usually have to remind her to call bm, and I usually send her a text to remind her to call dad for fathers day. (sweet but forgetful)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I'm CSM. the kids will be with us as always.

Bio and step do a wonderful job every mothers day. 

nikkib2012
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Yes, she's going to her mom's. All of a sudden, she seems to have an interest in her adughter. Whatever... I'm just glad that baby girl can see her, and that I'll have a break from the munchkin'! No I don't feel any type of way about her going either. She should go, that's her mother. I just need her mother to be safe with her, and not smoke around her while she has her. 

And, no I'm not upset that she's not celebrating Mother's day with me. I'm secure in my position :). I chose it and I deal with it accordingly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)