Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

CSMs: Is BM seeing the kids for Mother's Day?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious how many SMs will be spending the day with their SKs. Are you okay with them being there or would you prefer it was just your BKs? Do you have something special planned?

Or are you a SM whose SKs will be with BM? Do you wish they were with you or are you happy they are going with BM?

Either way, will your SKs recognize you a mother-figure or will you be ignored? Does it hurt your feelings if they don't recognize you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Replies (41-46):
ButtercupL1129
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM

we made BM a flowerpot that she painted and planted a flower in, for her mother yesterday and gave it to her last night! i hope she liked it!

Quoting rebeccasmly:

I 100% agree the kids should be with the BP on their day. Its in our. CO also.BM saw them a couple years on mother's Day then a couple years only a few hours. Now she doesn't pick them up any more for Mother's Day. What did make me feel bad when BM picked them up for Mother's Day, she would put them in front of the TV while she was in the computer or sleeping. When they came home that afternoon their siblings would tell them what we did. They would always say they wished they could have been with us instead. They are happy BM doesn't pick them up anymore and I have to make them get her cards and stuff to give when they do see her next.

Quoting ButtercupL1129:

I think it's only right for every child to spend it with their BM or BF on Mother's Day or Father's Day. the CO for my DH and his ex is that Mothers' Day SD spends the day with her mother, Father's Day SD spends that day with her father and same with birthdays, SD will spend the day with father or mother on their birthday..and thats' how it should be. Even if it wasn't CO I would still want SD to spend the day with her BM, it's only right to have it that way. I did get flowers from SD, which she made with her Daddy, but SD will be spending the whole weekend with BM and I think thats great!!!

MamaWInk
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM
BM will not be seen on mother's day. She may call from prison, but even that is doubtful, and we wouldn't let her talk to DD anyway...
colema11
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

SSs will be with BM all weekend.  I have no problem with it.  OSS normally gives little gifts. he's famous for "shopping" for just the right thing in those coin things with the prizes in the plastic bubbles at the grocery store.  YSS sometimes makes a card, sometimes does nothing, it all depends on his mood.

I don't expect anything and am not disappointed if they don't.

hmccord
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Not sure yet. I expect her to want to, though. She always waits til the last minute to let us know when she wants SS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdbrowneyez
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM
She lives far away and rarely contacts them for any reason. I'm in the process of adopting them. As for the younger one he doesn't remember BM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xMommaKayx
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

SS16 left today for a visit with bm.  He wished me a happy Mother's Day on his way out, that was all the gift I needed.  SD19 was supposed to go to bm's Sunday with her sister, but it appears that she wanted her dad to drive her to her sister's at 8 am Sunday and he told her he wouldn't be able to do that.  So I have no idea what her plans are.  I doubt highly that she will wish me a happy MD, and that is fine with me.  I am not her mother.  Hopefully she will not be expecting dinner Sunday because I do not know what I will be doing but cooking is not on my list.  If the weather cooperates, I may get some flowers and plant them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)