Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My fiance has two daughters from a past relationship. He has every other weekend visitation. Right now we have to get tires on our car until we can get the girls because our tires are bad and I'm not risking it. BM lives an hour away. My fiance told her last week that we would get them whenever we get the tires on. I had to text her today and tell her we didn't get the money to put tires on our car yet that we will get them as soon as we can. She texts back and says, "tell him to call me later tonight, because I need to speak with him. He knew how bad I needed him to get the girls this weekend and how I wanted him to keep them until Tuesday. He can tell the girls on the phone that hes not coming because they are excited to be coming up this weekend. I'm not breaking their hearts, he can!". Well I sent her a text message back saying he told her we would get them as soon as we got tires on and she said yes but she didn't realize it would take weeks to get tires on. We have to wait for a check to come in the mail. We do not have the money to pull out of our a** to get tires put on.

When I told him about this, he said he wasn't aware of her needing him to keep the girls until Tuesday. I'm not a damn babysitter and that's all she's making us out to be right now. Whenever she needs him to keep the girls longer, he does. I feel like he is doing things to convenience her.

What do I do about the way I feel? It makes me angry because I feel as though she's taking advantage of him and trying to make him feel guilty.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Replies (61-61):
abigailsmommy11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM

In my opinion, I think you are looking at his children as an obligation and inconvenience instead of a blessing. My Husband and I constantly fight for more time with Sd. If Bm wanted us to keep her longer, I would jump on the opportunity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)