Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Awkward...

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 3:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was in the bathroom and my SD was talking to BM on the phone wishing her a happy mother's day. All the sudden SD puts BM on speaker phone and starts talking about what she got *me* for mothers day. She was reading the card she made for me out loud to her and said, I gave this to my OTHER mom. SD goes on to say "Can I call (my name) Mom? I can if I want to..." After a couple moments of silence she says something along the lines of "I'd rather you not" but I couldn't make out the exact words. Anyway, I was standing in the bathroom listening feeling incredibly awkward, I really felt kind of bad that SD would bring that up to her mom on Mother's  Day. So, being my extra careful self I sent BM a FB message saying happy M-day and I wanted to make sure she knows that I do not encourage SD to to call me mom or anything like that. Even though were custodial I have always just been called my first name and that's totally fine with me. Bm finally messages me back and says it was totally fine and she knows how SD is (SD has mild autism) and she even said that she could not ask for a better SM for her kids. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the thanks and praise I have been getting from BM and her family and my in-laws (refer to my last post). I don't think I deserve all of it but I am so happy we can have such a civil and friendly relationship and all act like rational adults. It's just so refreshing after hearing about all the drama on here. Not trying to boast, I wish all our situation could be more like this. But this gives me some hope for humanity.....:)

by on May. 13, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
vintagebikegirl
by on May. 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like my life, lol.
When BM and I are both at shool things like mothers day tea, SD always hands the cards and crafts she makes to me, in front of BM.
I always tell her how nice they are and why not let mommy take them home. It's awkward, but thankfully BM handles it well. Sometimes BM will even hand them back to me and say here you keep this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM

awkward moment...

The day SK's met BM. My son Ethan 7 with autism yelled at BM in front of the whole family...

YOU ARE NOT THEIR MOM. MY MOMMY IS!! while pointing at me. 

All I could think is.. OH, GOD please help me. 

rocknmom85
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Wow, yeah that beats mine.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

awkward moment...

The day SK's met BM. My son Ethan 7 with autism yelled at BM in front of the whole family...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM
That is awkward. Glad Bm could handle it with some grace though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:02 PM

no, because you saved it by FBing her. I did nothing. I can't really remember what anyone did/said. lol

Quoting rocknmom85:

Wow, yeah that beats mine.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

awkward moment...

squeakersmama
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Quoting angelmommy2806:

That is awkward. Glad Bm could handle it with some grace though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Oh.  You poor thing!  I couldn't imagine!!  My 4 year old asks questions all the time... some are very awkward and right in front of SD14. 

It's so hard because sometime the kids just don't quite get it...

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

awkward moment...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN