Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What's the worst thing SKIDS have said to you?

I've just come back from a trying trip where DH and I saw SK's.  We invited SS30 and girlfriend invited to dinner with us, and since BM was clinging to them, I also invited her...awkward!  SS thought I was inappropriate for asking his GF when she fell in love, and telling her that I can relate to her knowing that SS "is the one for her."   Apparently, I made BM feel bad!  Really?!?  She didn't feel badly when I picked up the check!

Then, dinner with SD was a clusterf-@$-k. I was called a liar for telling DH about the time she blamed me for "taking Dad away, and that's why they were broke!"  Seriously?!?

"Not In The Clique"

Stepmom of 2: SD21/SS30

by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Replies (81-84):
packermomof2
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Quoting blaquechinadoll:

Not to me, but sd4 at the time told ds4 that her mama said she wasn't his sister. This was on Christmas during pu and after DS said, "Merry Christmas, sisters." She said, "My mama said I have one brother and he's dead, so you're not him" and proceeded to get into her car seat. My son had the biggest tears ever in his eyes. I, of course, nutted up!

Not everyone views steps as "brother" or "sister"... once my kids came back from a weekend with their father and told me that they were told they had two new brothers.  I told them didn't.   That they each have one sibling... each other.  I don't view stepsiblings as a "brother" or "sister".   I don't know if they repeated it at the other house, but if they did I hope it wasn't said in a mean manner, but it is the truth... they didn't get new brothers.  They got stepbrothers.  Different things.

packermomof2
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Quoting NotInTheClique:

Quoting ajanejr:

I actually have not experienced this at all, cross my fingers I don't. However during the divorce DH did get told from one of his boys that dad decided to leave you all to raise her kids.

I absolutely loathe any BM who is so weak that she would jeopardize her kids' relationship with their Dad, for selfish gain...intolerable!  

It says "during the divorce"... and "dad decided to leave to raise her kids"... I'm not saying mom was right to say it, but if SM is the OW (and I don't know that the lady you're quoting is, but it sounds like she could be the way that is worded) mom could be angry and in the moment say something that isn't okay to say.  If people cheat and leave their spouse and family for the OW/OM it may very well come out that "your parent picked someone else and their kids over our family" (which they kinda did, but doesn't need to be said)

daddysgf
by and that's all on May. 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Looked at me tonight.. "i love you.. But not all the time.. And not really. I can only love mommy and daddy not you"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blaquechinadoll
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Quoting packermomof2:

I was brought up differently. Family is family. So, while I see your POV, it was said and done maliciously via BM. It was also said hatefully, not out of childishness. BM has 3 girls, w/ different dads yet they are "sisters", so who gets to decide who is who? BM? Oh, but wait... She treats her kids based upon who's daddy pays CS. So, why would I expect my child to be treated any better? At any rate, in my family children stayed children and out of grown folks business. Where the other child came from was adult business. We did not treat our siblings/cousins differently bc of who their parents were. My dads first wife kept me as did my dads second wife (my mom) kept his first set of children. My dad did not allow the mothers to mistreat, label, or rank his children. Now, once we were older we actually found out that our mothers hated each other, but were adult enough to let that stay amongst them. So, I guess this is where the DOP comes in. I know in BMs case it was malicious bc she is too much of a coward to face me herself so she sends her messages thru her kids. Which resulted in her keeping that kid home on Christmas. I sent my own message. DH had to speak to her about the issue and let her know she needed to address her concerns with him, not thru the children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN