Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What do SK's call you? First name? "Aunt(ie) First Name? Other?

My SK's call me "Hey!"  

They generally wait until they are about 3-5 feet away and start the conversations with..."Hey, is my Dad home?" or "Hey, can you take me to..."

When they were much younger, DH told them to call me "[First Name] or Auntie [First Name]," and that lasted for one entire holiday visit, then the next visit it went back to "Hey."  

Is that weird? 

by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Replies (61-61):
NotInTheClique
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Quoting rnmom4lif:

lol i think its alittle weird that they dont atleast call u by your name....i mean id be alittle offended......but thats up to u, if it doesnt bother u more power to u.....mine calls me by my first name most of the time but it depends he also refers to me as mom at times. and always when hes talking to his lil brother (my BS) he refers to me as mom. ive always told him he can call me eighter one.....(his BM isnt in the picture much though) as my BS has come along and gotten older and BM is around less and less, he calls me mom more and more. 

I agree with you, and I'm alot offended. It bugs the $#!& out of me, but I try to not show it.  I've learned how to master the face of indifference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)