Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Visualizing the Visitation Schedule

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

BACKGROUND: 50/50 physical/legal.. they did 2 weeks/2 weeks for 18 months while BM lived six hours away, Boyfriend did all the travel. She relocated 30 minutes from where we live and changed the schedule, and does it as she pleases. There is no court order, there is a legally binding document in place but is outdated and defines a completely different situation. They are in the middle of the court process.

I did up a visual representation for Boyfriend, he asked me to do it... It's on the calender at home but this really shows it. Start/End days are half days but I am simply not that skilled with paint. 

This post really had no point other than to show what we've got going on here now.. after all the drama she started us off with.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hershey6
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Yikes! That has to be hard, not only for you, but also for the kiddos! Consistancy makes things so much easier!

mirm99
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Are u doing 3night...2nights.???.... we did that's for a month w sd was 1 month old... it sucked!... bm ended up leaving sd w me most of the time bc sd was crying alot due to all the changes... good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy0505
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM

We had a similar schedule for a while a few years ago.

We've changed it to be 5-5-2-2, basically we get EVERY wed&thurs and BM gets EVERY mon&tues and we just alternate the Fri/Sat/Sun.  Sure it means we go 5 days without seeing her at a time, but it really has made the schedule more consistent and SD (10) knows the rotation much easier (helps alleviate some stress for her).

Good Luck!

jessiesluv
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM

week on week off is best, IMO.

That 2-2-3 crap is for the birds.

hershey6
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We have 5-2-2-5 for SD2 and we love it.  We can schedule her dance classes on Wednesdays because we know we will always have her.  I would have a hard time with the 2-2-3 thing, not sure that would be good for us...

daddysgf
by and that's all on May. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Hes only three and did two weeks/two weeks for most of his life so far.. He is so confused and it is the stupidest arrangement, I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Quoting jessiesluv:

week on week off is best, IMO.

That 2-2-3 crap is for the birds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN