Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

just joining

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello all. Just surfing around this morning and reading up on some posts. Good to see I'm not the only one with some crazy "ex" stories to share! I'm active duty military, married to the man of my dreams (who is a Guard member - but otherwise a wonderful stay at home daddy), with 2 step kids and 1 biological son. All have some special needs. Nice to meet you all!

~LeLe

by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gr8d8n3mom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Good Morning and welcome!, sit back and enjoy the ride! LOL

planning a wedding

DDDaysh
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Cool! 

It will be fun to have a SAHD family in the group! 

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

welcome

angelmommy2806
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YesImMomToo
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:10 PM

welcome

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on May. 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM

How do!

leleclay
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Thanks everyone!

And yes, DDDaysh, it's always an adventure to have a SAHD instead of Mom! LOL! I call him my good little housewife and we make lots of jokes about how he "doesn't have a reeeaaalll job" and such - he's huge, heavily muscled, and not exactly your typical SAH type, but he loves it. Kids are happy, we have lots of love and laughter in our home, and that's what matters.

DDDaysh
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I've known a few families who have SAHD's and it works well for them.  It's not the norm though, so it's always interesting. 

Of course, SAHM's are really the norm anymore either. 

Quoting leleclay:

Thanks everyone!

And yes, DDDaysh, it's always an adventure to have a SAHD instead of Mom! LOL! I call him my good little housewife and we make lots of jokes about how he "doesn't have a reeeaaalll job" and such - he's huge, heavily muscled, and not exactly your typical SAH type, but he loves it. Kids are happy, we have lots of love and laughter in our home, and that's what matters.

leleclay
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DDDaysh:

I've known a few families who have SAHD's and it works well for them.  It's not the norm though, so it's always interesting. 

Of course, SAHM's are really the norm anymore either. 

Quoting leleclay:

Thanks everyone!

There's a lot of SAHM's around here. It tends to happen more often in military families. With the excessive moving, it's hard for a lot of non-military family members to keep a good career outside the home. Employers don't appreciate knowing at any moment, you could have orders to move, so they tend to avoid hiring you. Plus, with daycare expenses being so high, if you don't have a REALLY good job, it's just not worth it. My husband did 13 yrs active duty and got out to be with me because we couldn't get orders together. He joined the Guard here to complete his 20 yrs federal service. He generally loves being at home, cooking and cleaning and washing the laundry (I fold). And he understands how crazy my active duty job is, without arguing about why I'm always having to go back to work or I can't escape for lunch or whatever...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)