Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What can a SM post on here?

Posted by   + Show Post
It seems like any time I've posted in this group I get attacked by BM versus advice from other SM.
What is it okay to vent about? What's up with all the negative, self righteous behavior in this group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
1SpaZZedMom
by Librarian on May. 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Quoting Lunakim77:

I say to all you BM's out there, that is fine if you are also a SM. Please only post the point of view from the SM, not the BM. If you do not agree or get upset with the posts then read forums for biological mothers only.

Us SM have to stick together. Not gang up on eachother.

Don't let packermom see that last 2 sentences. She'll let you have her opinion!

I don't believe that all of us SMs have to stick together. The SMs and BMs that I've bonded with on here are from all sorts of different stiches. Some have similarities to what I've been living, others don't. 

Like packermom... she's a BM who deals with a SM. I love her POV most all of the time. 

WIKN, she will post as a CSM only. She is very logical, and although she can be rough, her advice has helped me out. 

E_is_for_Ethan - our lives are so stinking similar and we live some 2,000 miles apart. She relates to more of what I've been through than most on here. 

Then there are others, who will remain unnamed because I don't have a nice word to say about them right now...

Bells2000
by on May. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I think people can post almost anything they want/need advice on/help/another opinion.... etc...  But it is NOT okay to post pictures of the kids being flamed, etc. 

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on May. 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quoting 1SpaZZedMom:

Quoting Lunakim77:

I say to all you BM's out there, that is fine if you are also a SM. Please only post the point of view from the SM, not the BM. If you do not agree or get upset with the posts then read forums for biological mothers only.

Then there are others, who will remain unnamed because I don't have a nice word to say about them right now...

HEY!  I've always had nice things to say about you!!!!  The nerve...

LOL

You're right, SMs don't have to stick together.  Some SM's say that they are mom to skids too, others say that they aren't.  We all have differing opinions.  You can kick out all BMs and bring in a truckload of SM's only and you'll STILL have drama and differing opinions, and yes bashing in SMom Central.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quoting Lunakim77:

Can the same be said for women? We all have vaginas so we have to stick together!

Guess you better go get stuck to BM.

daddysgf
by and that's all on May. 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I so, so agree!!

Quoting TheStepMonster:

But, I also have zero tolerance for the SM who comes in to whine and vent but is unwilling to do anything to help her situation. Some may come across tougher than I or others do. But the message is on point.

Quoting Lunakim77:

1SpaZZedMom
by Librarian on May. 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting 1SpaZZedMom:

Quoting Lunakim77:

HEY!  I've always had nice things to say about you!!!!  The nerve...

LOL

You're right, SMs don't have to stick together.  Some SM's say that they are mom to skids too, others say that they aren't.  We all have differing opinions.  You can kick out all BMs and bring in a truckload of SM's only and you'll STILL have drama and differing opinions, and yes bashing in SMom Central.

Sorry Sandee! 

And, Sandee, who has nicknamed me the "resident librarian" and is just sweet as pie!  :) 

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on May. 22, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quoting Lunakim77:

Really? So.....I'm only allowed to post my "SM" POV?  Funny - I've never read that in here - that's all it's supposed to be.....STEPford MOMS hhhhmmm.......

I wanna be the one on the far right - I like her gloves....Parrot - you are the one w/the red hat, flowered dress.....

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on May. 22, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quoting WifeyC:

Quoting Lunakim77:

Can the same be said for women? We all have vaginas so we have to stick together!

That's right - we can't have the Vajayjay's ganging up on each other now can we?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quoting AmyB118:

Quoting WifeyC:

Quoting Lunakim77:

That's right - we can't have the Vajayjay's ganging up on each other now can we?

All of you bitches better hope you mowed the front lawn!

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AmyB118:

Quoting Lunakim77:

Really? So.....I'm only allowed to post my "SM" POV?  Funny - I've never read that in here - that's all it's supposed to be.....STEPford MOMS hhhhmmm.......

I wanna be the one on the far right - I like her gloves....Parrot - you are the one w/the red hat, flowered dress.....

i'm the one on the far right. I'm short like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)