Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

under one roof soon

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

the w edding day is drawing near and my fears are so far not getting the better of me as far as being a step Mom.  My soon to be step daughter is still keeping her distance, but I've got so much to do with the moving out of my apartment and planning a small wedding ceremony that I am not really giving alot of thought to anything else.

I am a bit anxious about what life is going to be like when I am living with her on a day to day basis.  I guess experience is a great teacher and unfortunately my experiences have been less than pleasant.  I'm going to really pray about the situation, and leave it in God's hands, love her as if she is my own, if she will let me, and hopefully with a little time and adjustment we will all live in peace.

This past Sunday's sermon at church was about family relationships - and I swear God was right there on my side...the minister reinforced all the things I have been saying for over three years about parenting, and discipline, and how kids will use manipulation and tantrums to get there way  and consequences are necessary for changing bad behaviour and how not to let the kids rule the roost...and guess what?  Its ok to say NO!!  Wow...I feel so vindicated and validated...thank you Lord.  :-)

by on May. 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
noneofmyown
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

WOW!! You are going through the anxiety I went through right before my wedding. I am still sweating bullets preparing for her to move with us full time that is going to be such a big change. I can say this bounderies are important and set them early. I don't think people realize how hard being the step mom is.

Bells2000
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)