Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

If BM were out of the picture

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:58 AM
  • 73 Replies

How would life be?

You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing

by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
findingserenity
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Bm is nonexistent til I need to acknowledge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andie646c
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Out of the picture as in? Absent mom or dead? Or the kind of "out of the picture" where you only hear from her at drop offs and pick ups?

LizzieJane
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
It would be much more peaceful for us, and much healthier for the kids. It would break their hearts, though, so I would never wish for it....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kpnthefaith
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM
If bm was out of the pic hubby, I and sd would be happy, at ease and we'd be drama free....just like in the beginning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this

It would be very sad for my stepchildren. They love their mother. The loss of their mother (however she "left" the picture) would probably have deep psychological consequences that would make our family life here much more complicated and difficult.

I can't predict what the result would be.

yesmaam
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Any kind of out of the pic

Quoting andie646c:

Out of the picture as in? Absent mom or dead? Or the kind of "out of the picture" where you only hear from her at drop offs and pick ups?

You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing

pristine729
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Harder! Honestly, she's a good mom who takes care of her children. I'd pull my hair out with two more kids full time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife13
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM
It would suck if she were out of the picture, my dh wouldn't know who would take his kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andie646c
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM

If BM were just absent, just up and vanished one day, I'd be pretty stressed out, scared and worried. I'd probably find quite a bit of time trying to find her or her family and I'm sure SS's would be terribly upset. If I knew where she was and she just didn't want to be around then I'd feel sad for SS's and we would probably be living in "hell" with their attitudes and such. I'd be worried constantly that she would come back just as we get things all settled and calm ... relaxation would probably go out the window completely.

If she were dead then SS's would obviously be upset. I wouldn't know what to do or say or how to act. I'd hope their family would help them cope. I'd probably revolve much of my life, for at least a while, around getting them any help they need.

If we only heard from her at do/pu ... it probably wouldn't be too different from now but I don't really mind now all that much anyway. As odd as her calls are sometimes (calling to ask where a snow cone place is in our city?) they don't really cause any problems or do any damage.

Quoting yesmaam:

Any kind of out of the pic

Quoting andie646c:

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM

SS would be really sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN