Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My mind is seriously blown...

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 17 Replies

My DH has custody of his 2 boys, right now his ex is in prison anyways.  

His oldest son looks exactly like him but his youngest son looks exactly like her & honestly, I don't see DH in him at all.  Anyways, him & I were friends & had mutual friends around the time she got pregnant with their 2nd child.  Several people were saying that they didn't think he was DHs for multiple reasons but it's a small town & people like to talk.

DH has told me that "D" was a month premature but they didn't keep him in the hospital or anything because he was fully developed, just a little smaller than most.  Ok, that seemed a little odd to me but I never had a premature child & every birth is different.

Now, this is going to sound very weird (please no lectures on this) but I have her facebook password & I logged on it today for some odd reason.  Well, I found a message between her & another guy from here in town & she says "you know (DH), for a long time, thought "D" was yours & to be honest, there is a small chance because I found out I was pregnant a month after we broke up"...seriously?! 

My mind is seriously blown right now & I have NO idea what I should do!

by on May. 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bells2000
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM

um, wow? Would it make a difference to DH?

I know, for mine, it wouldn't. He knows she had cheated on him throughout their entire relationship. When it came out, that the youngest girl wasn't his and she was still with the other man (the girl was ~ 1 year old at the time)... he kicked her out. BM left ALL the boys, she didn't want boys, she wanted girls anyways.

DH has been soley responsable for them since. There are times I wonder if they are actually his too (so different in personalities, looks, etc). But he won't get the tests done (I never suggested it!). As far as he is concerned, he's been there for them at their birth and since. They are his boys.

If it did come out they were NOT his, it would not change how he treats/reacts to them. They are still his boys he's raised since birth.

paigesmommy925
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM

When we 1st got together, we talked about the rumors & he swears "D" is his because she told him he was.  I don't think it would change how he treats him but I also don't think he would believe it if anyone told him. 

Quoting Bells2000:

um, wow? Would it make a difference to DH?

I know, for mine, it wouldn't. He knows she had cheated on him throughout their entire relationship. When it came out, that the youngest girl wasn't his and she was still with the other man (the girl was ~ 1 year old at the time)... he kicked her out. BM left ALL the boys, she didn't want boys, she wanted girls anyways.

DH has been soley responsable for them since. There are times I wonder if they are actually his too (so different in personalities, looks, etc). But he won't get the tests done (I never suggested it!). As far as he is concerned, he's been there for them at their birth and since. They are his boys.

If it did come out they were NOT his, it would not change how he treats/reacts to them. They are still his boys he's raised since birth.

lilangilyn
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM
4 moms liked this

If your DH loves the child and believes he is the father, I would leave it alone. And stop snooping. That could get you into a world of hurt.

paigesmommy925
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Believe me, I logged off as soon as I read that & I don't plan on doing it again. 

Quoting lilangilyn:

If your DH loves the child and believes he is the father, I would leave it alone. And stop snooping. That could get you into a world of hurt.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Nothing. 

You should NOT have snooped on her FB like that.  Not a lecture, but seriously, I'd *forget* that I saw that.  If the other guy decides that he wants to take the chance of the kid being his and doing a paternity test, then it will come out then. 

ErinRenee815
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM

You should never ever log into her FB account again. I'm sure that your DH knows that there is a chance that it isn't his. It's really about what he wants to do. 

BTW, there is nothing odd about a premature baby not being kept in the hospital. My son was 6 weeks early and we left after a normal 48 hour stay. He was healthy but small too. 

HotMamaRosie
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I would def tell him but at this pt bc of her situation, there's not muchnu can do. He needs to be taken care of.
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with all of this, and the same with my son.

Quoting ErinRenee815:

You should never ever log into her FB account again. I'm sure that your DH knows that there is a chance that it isn't his. It's really about what he wants to do. 

BTW, there is nothing odd about a premature baby not being kept in the hospital. My son was 6 weeks early and we left after a normal 48 hour stay. He was healthy but small too. 

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on May. 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

No lecture here, but c'mon!  "For some odd reason"???  Bottom line, you thought something was up, had her password, and decided to take a lookie-see.  Lets call a spade a spade here.  It wasn't for some odd reason...some odd reason would be that you've got a multiple personality disorder, blacked out, and then your other personality took over and decided to check old BM out...when you came to, her profile was up and you were like, "OH SHIT!!!  Crazy dark-side personality was at it again!!!" LOL 

Anyway, yeah, like the others said, forget you even saw that, you were snooping and had no business being in her personal stuff.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting sandeeyo:

No lecture here, but c'mon!  "For some odd reason"???  Bottom line, you thought something was up, had her password, and decided to take a lookie-see.  Lets call a spade a spade here.  It wasn't for some odd reason...some odd reason would be that you've got a multiple personality disorder, blacked out, and then your other personality took over and decided to check old BM out...when you came to, her profile was up and you were like, "OH SHIT!!!  Crazy dark-side personality was at it again!!!" LOL 

Anyway, yeah, like the others said, forget you even saw that, you were snooping and had no business being in her personal stuff.

still laughing out loud here....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)