Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you think sm's who aren't bm's Overreact?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you feel like stepmoms whithout bio kids tend to overreact over little things?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Replies (41-42):
RubyLu
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Yes, because I am a step mom without bio kids. But I was also raised in a strict household, so rules are my friend. My sister with 4 bio kids is more strict than I am though. So maybe we are just a rule crazy family :)

packermomof2
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Moms can and some do.  But I also think that if a SM is doing something with "notherkids" that mom doesn't want done, that is her prerogative.

I look at it this way.  There are things I won't do with other people's kids.  I keep a very strong boundary when it comes to other people's children.  I won't pick them up, for example, without both parents ok.  I won't do nails without asking.  I won't bathe other people's kids either.  I do not do food battles. 

I don't want anyone doing those things with my kids without asking me.  Even a SM.  If I can't get the same respect as a parent that I give to other parents I will say something to dad or SM.  She may feel I'm overreacting (or SMs in general may feel that way)...but when the kid is your child you should be respected as the parent and the SP should not do what they feel is acceptable without the OK of both parents.

NOrmal disclaimers apply

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)