Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SHES SERVED HIM PAPERS!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM
  • 54 Replies

Everything was fine. We have joint custory. We got them on weekends during the school year and every other week during the summer. And now she wants to go back to court for child support. She claims we arent getting them enough. OMG i dont wanna pay her 125 a week! I could lose my house. How are we suppose to pay an extra 500 a month??

by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calliesmom19
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:04 PM

BTW...we got a lawyer the next day. Shes hopeful but said she might get it. Im soo scared. Anyone wanna pray for me? (im completly serious)

andie646c
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Where do you live that your DH isn't already paying CS?

Figuring out  financials is difficult. When you get a new "big bill" it is a strain. I had a financial planner tell me once that you "feel it" for about 2-3 paychecks then it's just normal. You will manage just fine with the $500 less a month, you will just have a small adjustment period in the beginning.

calliesmom19
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Quoting andie646c:

Figuring out  financials is difficult. When you get a new "big bill" it is a strain. I had a financial planner tell me once that you "feel it" for about 2-3 paychecks then it's just normal. You will manage just fine with the $500 less a month, you will just have a small adjustment period in the beginning.

We live in arkansas.

Thanks for your help..but we only make about 450 a week. I dont think we can make it. Plus we would have no extras. Shes taking away our ablity to do fun extras with the kids. Im really upset. I dont think we can afford it. Besides why should we pay? We pay already for half of medical, school supplies, and clothes. Plus clothes at our house, food at our house, toys ect. 

bakergirl37
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Our state uses a standard formula based on how much they make (usually using the taxes from the previous year or the last three years to get an average). It can only be changed unless something DRAMATIC occurs like job loss or we were to get full time custody kind of thing every couple of years.

BM tried...and is trying again to get her amount upped. She does this often so much that the case worker for CSS is beyond over her. Actually helps DH find ways to LOWER his CS if he wants but he does not. She has never gotten it changed so far as she literally makes up numbers as to what she feels is his "projected income" for the year. 

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM
It all goes by specific guidelines. So I am thinking BM does have a good case. I wound think this would hurt your financial budget for a while. I'm sure it's very upsetting ESP. since Dh didn't have a clue.

What ages are the skids? I am trying to think as to why all of a sudden she wants it. Ha somethin happens in the last couple of months?do you guys already pay a set amount via the courts?

Quoting calliesmom19:

Quoting andie646c:

We live in arkansas.

Thanks for your help..but we only make about 450 a week. I dont think we can make it. Plus we would have no extras. Shes taking away our ablity to do fun extras with the kids. Im really upset. I dont think we can afford it. Besides why should we pay? We pay already for half of medical, school supplies, and clothes. Plus clothes at our house, food at our house, toys ect. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bakergirl37
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM

We don't get to do extra fun stuff with the kids. That's just the way it was for awhile. I had to go and get an additional job on top of my full time and OTHER part time job to do fun stuff with the kids. 

Doing fun stuff with the kids is not a right and the state wont see it as one. 

It sucks, trust me I know. We sat by and watch BM do all sorts of things with the kids that we can not afford to do and then she will tell DH she is broke and needs more money. 

Quoting calliesmom19:

Quoting andie646c:

We live in arkansas.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on May. 24, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I don't know enough about guidelines but I throw a quick prayer to you bc this is an unexpected bill that will likely be high enough to hurt your family if it goes through.

How far do skids live from y'all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andie646c
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Quoting calliesmom19:

Quoting andie646c:

We live in arkansas.

You will make it, just relax.

And are you sure it would be $125 a week if the two of you only make $450 a week? She most likely can't use YOUR income so it would probably be based off of your DH's only.

https://courts.arkansas.gov/pdf/child_weekly20070614.pdf

(Honestly, I'm surprised that the state hasn't updated those guidelines since then ... I think the website said it was from 2007, eek).

States have different laws and guidelines but they all seem pretty consistent in one area. NCP pays CS. Usually they also pay for medical insurance and half of all co-pays as well as all supplies for their own house (clothes, food, etc.). Is it in the CO that your DH pay for all of the things he is paying for or is that just something he does?

- Andie -   

CafeMom Tickers

calliesmom19
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Quoting bakergirl37:

Our state uses a standard formula based on how much they make (usually using the taxes from the previous year or the last three years to get an average). It can only be changed unless something DRAMATIC occurs like job loss or we were to get full time custody kind of thing every couple of years.

BM tried...and is trying again to get her amount upped. She does this often so much that the case worker for CSS is beyond over her. Actually helps DH find ways to LOWER his CS if he wants but he does not. She has never gotten it changed so far as she literally makes up numbers as to what she feels is his "projected income" for the year. 

lol. sorry yall had to go through all that. His bm is driving me crazy. so im glad to hear its common. I dont know why his bm wants money from us. Her husband owns a huge company and makes good money. My sd is always telling me how our house looks old compared to her mommy's and last time we picked up the sks she was driving a 2011 car.

vintagebikegirl
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Ha! $500 a month would fuck us! We already live paycheck to paycheck. We would be totally screwed.

Quoting andie646c:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN