Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

"First" Father's Day

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

Next month is the first Father's Day since we found SS.  Should I remind him to send a card or call his dad on that day?  I know he'll be heartbroken if he doesn't hear from his son.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
andie646c
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM

How old is his son? Does dad ever see his son?

pampire
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:11 PM

He's 17 and lives on the other side of the country.  They share pictures on FB but we haven't been able to get together in person yet.

andie646c
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd suggest doing something special ON YOUR OWN for your DH for Fathers Day. Post something to his wall on Facebook saying, "Happy Fathers Day", maybe a cute graphic. Maybe even tag your SS in it as a gentle reminder in the middle of the day if he hasn't said/done something by then?

pampire
by on May. 24, 2012 at 6:01 PM

That is a genius idea!  Thanks so much!

you rock

ROBIN-C
by on May. 24, 2012 at 6:31 PM

maybe print a picture of SS if possible and put it in one of those frames that says "dad, father" etc all around the frame and give it to your DH?

as far as the SS... you say that yall recently found him. does he call DH dad? just dont know how the kid has accepted your DH and how he feels about his dad not being around for so long. the boy might still be adjusting? hopefully he will acknowledge your DH in some way... but heck my own 19 year old just sent me a "happy mothers day" text (he is in the army and I think he doesnt know how to send mail, lol!).

....ClvrScn.
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Quoting ROBIN-C:

maybe print a picture of SS if possible and put it in one of those frames that says "dad, father" etc all around the frame and give it to your DH?

as far as the SS... you say that yall recently found him. does he call DH dad? just dont know how the kid has accepted your DH and how he feels about his dad not being around for so long. the boy might still be adjusting? hopefully he will acknowledge your DH in some way... but heck my own 19 year old just sent me a "happy mothers day" text (he is in the army and I think he doesnt know how to send mail, lol!).

Haha I work in mail, and you would be so surprised to know how many people my age? ( I'm 22) and younger have no idea how to send physical mail
chanizen
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Quoting andie646c:

I'd suggest doing something special ON YOUR OWN for your DH for Fathers Day. Post something to his wall on Facebook saying, "Happy Fathers Day", maybe a cute graphic. Maybe even tag your SS in it as a gentle reminder in the middle of the day if he hasn't said/done something by then?

Great suggest !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)