Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SP's income being used for CS

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  • 146 Replies

Should this happen?

If you are married. If you profess to be a team. You two are now one. You call the skids "your family", you want say in how things are done with someone elses kids in your home.

Should a stepparents income be considered as household income when figuring CS amounts?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

No, no matter how things run or whatever say you have in your house over the children in the household, legally only the parents have financial responsibility and rights for their children.

CoochieLibre
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:05 AM
6 moms liked this

Hmm. That's a tough one. If SP's income is calculated into CS then would SP have a say in all things pertaining to the children?

raerae725
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I get a say in how my household is run.  Child support and even step children don't determine that.  It is my household.  If DH and I got to the point where no compromise would work then I would be getting a new household.  Having a say in that doesn't make me in any way responsible for SD.  Why would I be responsible in any way for child support?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

We are a team in our household. 

If my income is going to be considered then so should SF's.  But, since he feels like he doesn't have to work he has no income.  That's just not fair.  I would take my toys and go home for that injustice.

YesImMomToo
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM
14 moms liked this
Sure as long as I get written into the court order that I actually have legal decision making capabilities and in the event that something happens to dh i retain visitation.

Until then I guess my income will only contribute to the skids while they are here and help support our household instead of both houses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM
No I am not responsible financially for ss unless I choose to be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pepper504
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CoochieLibre:

Hmm. That's a tough one. If SP's income is calculated into CS then would SP have a say in all things pertaining to the children?

This.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM

This isnt about you paying. This is about SP's income being used as part of the household income for the final figuring for CS.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting baparrot2:

This isnt about you paying. This is about SP's income being used as part of the household income for the final figuring for CS.

If SP's income is calculated into CS then technically they are paying part of it.

leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM

No it shouldn't, only the income or the imputed income of the legal parents should be considered. Imputed income in cases where the bioparent is a SAH parent or unemployed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured