Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Custody/visitation arrangement?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM
  • 23 Replies
Just curious... What kind of custody arrangement do you have? How often do you have you skids over?

Has it been a successful transition for the kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:27 AM

My SK's never leave!

mirm99
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Lucky you.. I wish I had that rather than this chaos..

I'm trying to figure out anther arrangement for sd bc this is not working for anyone..

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

My SK's never leave!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. LOL

I would love a break.

Quoting mirm99:

I'm trying to figure out anther arrangement for sd bc this is not working for anyone..

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

My SK's never leave!

mirm99
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Lol.. Oh no trust me at least this way the kids are settled and have your routine... My poor sd is always do lost and angry.. She has no consistency or a stable home..

Damn we're never happy huh.. Lol

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

I would love a break.

Quoting mirm99:

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

My SK's never leave!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:43 AM

LOL..nope

my SD14 whom is bipolar is always upset/screaming/crying/ confused....wondering why her mom doesn't e-mail or call her. SS11 doesn't even get any of it. He walks around like a lost soul at the mention of BM.

Quoting mirm99:

Lol.. Oh no trust me at least this way the kids are settled and have your routine... My poor sd is always do lost and angry.. She has no consistency or a stable home..

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

I would love a break.

Quoting mirm99:

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

My SK's never leave!

mirm99
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Oh man.. I'm sorry.. I always figure if I have sd here in our home and bm can pick her up when shes off then sd will be definitely calmer and settled.. But I never thought it could be the same..

Does bm have bipolar disorder too? Is it hereditary?

I'm so concerned about that.. Bm has a lot of issues and drank while pregnant and I'm so scared that sd will be the same..

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

LOL..nope

my SD14 whom is bipolar is always upset/screaming/crying/ confused....wondering why her mom doesn't e-mail or call her. SS11 doesn't even get any of it. He walks around like a lost soul at the mention of BM.

Quoting mirm99:

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

I would love a break.

Quoting mirm99:

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

My SK's never leave!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROBIN-C
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:48 AM

well post SD visitation schedule and we can give suggestions. they are so many different schedules!

for my daughter: during school year she spends wed. over night with her dad and part of every weekend. we dont do a set schedule, we just work out weekends bewtween us. but we get along really good! on spring and xmas breaks she spends majority of time with her dad. summer breaks are just whatever we work out. a week here, a week there.... whatever daughter wants and whatever we have going on. daughter is allowed to come home whenever she wants.

s/o's daughter: heck if i know! ask her mom what it is today... but be sure to ask her tomorrow too because it will change @@! s/o use to get her part of every weeken. bm changed it to EOW. but she also changes those weekends too. just never know...sigh!

shivasgirl
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:05 AM

I have two extremes

I have my stepson full time, his mother is not allowed contact with him unless he initiates it after he turns 18

I have a stepdaughter that lives in another state that I have never met in the 8 years I have been with her father...we SKYPE but because of the expenses of caring for my stepson who is severly disabled, we cannot afford for her to come visit and we cant afford to go there...everyone is understanding about it tho, because my stepson was in such horrible conditions...his safety came first and now caring for him does too...My stepdaughter is an amazing girl, full of compassion and love...we know we will all be together eventually

1SpaZZedMom
by Librarian on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I WAS a CSM.... Not anymore. DH gets EOWE

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM

My DD and DS go to their dad's EOWE and that's it. He doesn't really take holidays and he doesn't take them in the summer except for EOWE. His choice.

My SD we have 50/50. BM didn't like EOW so we do a 2-2-5-5 shared parenting. We have her on Mon, Tues nights, BM has her Wed, Thur nights and then we alternate Fri, Sat, Sun nights. SD loves this schedule and it works for all of us. She's also 10 and she adjusts really well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN