Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

A CM observation.....

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

Been on CM about 4 years now.

There is something I have observed. I know others have too.

SM's who are just pulling their hair out at the injustice the BM is doing to their sweet husbands...........

Get divorced.

And immediately turn to the otherside.

Because that sweet ex hubby of theirs now has a new bed warmer and he is wanting her to play mommy to her new skids.

It's funny to watch a previously vicious SM on these boards turn into the most extreme momma bear instincts woman you have ever seen.

It happens.....every. time.

edited to add: or they leave with their head in shame.

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if only you are willing to listen. - Jimmy Buffet
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yesmaam
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM

It is very funny.

ErinRenee815
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Yes, second wives turn into ex wives all the time. BF's second wife used to really really hate me. She actually listed me on her my space page as the person that she hated most in the world. I didn't really blame her. I wasn't nice to her at all. I was angry because BF was not paying CS or seeing the kids at that time. It pissed me off that he managed to date, marry and buy a ring while he was saying he couldn't afford CS or time to see the kids. I was downright mean. But now that she is the ex wife number two, she is very nice. As am I. 

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM
4 moms liked this
I can honestly own this one. Many moons ago I was a freshly hatched SM, riding in on my unicorn trailing glitter and rainbows. *I* was THE SHIT! The I got real and I began to disengage and handed the responsibilty to SD to now xh. We had kids, and I required him to step up; he opted to step out.

My divorce and my views as a BM now are based solely on my unique sitch. I attempt to remain open to both sides. I know my xh has personal challenges that he has to over come before I can feel less "mama bear protective." I sincerely hope he does, truly. His wife is not a blip on my radar.

PS I am still THE SHIT!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I think it is interesting that people do not learn from their or other's mistakes.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Love it!

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

I can honestly own this one. Many moons ago I was a freshly hatched SM, riding in on my unicorn trailing glitter and rainbows. *I* was THE SHIT! The I got real and I began to disengage and handed the responsibilty to SD to now xh. We had kids, and I required him to step up; he opted to step out.

My divorce and my views as a BM now are based solely on my unique sitch. I attempt to remain open to both sides. I know my xh has personal challenges that he has to over come before I can feel less "mama bear protective." I sincerely hope he does, truly. His wife is not a blip on my radar.

You ARE the shit!!! 

YesImMomToo
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Why would I divorce my sweet husband because of someone elses actions? That makes no sense?

It has nothing to do with our marriage and everything weve had to endure because of bms "injustices" ironically has only brought us closer.

Maybe I should sent bm a fruit basket with a thank you card saying thank you for being such a nutter! Its definatly taught us a few things and brought us closer as a family."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

But but but!!!!! LYNDA! Dont you know? that SM is there to HELP you! What is wrong with you not wanting all this help around you. You are just so selfish!

LOL

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM

sweet husband and sweet wives get divorced all the time sweetness. I'm not exempt and neither are you. When you can say that you can fully, 100% control another human beings actions then you can say you are exempt.

Quoting YesImMomToo:

Why would I divorce my sweet husband because of someone elses actions? That makes no sense?

It has nothing to do with our marriage and everything weve had to endure because of bms "injustices" ironically has only brought us closer.

Maybe I should sent bm a fruit basket with a thank you card saying thank you for being such a nutter! Its definatly taught us a few things and brought us closer as a family."

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Love ya Pep!!! ;)

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

You ARE the shit!!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN