Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Graduation

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM
  • 7 Replies
5 moms liked this
OK I just for once wanted to add a good feeling post.

So anyway my ss graduated last Thursday and we are all so happy and proud of him. And a few months ago I was a little heart broken but understood that his dad was invited but not me cause they only were allowed ten tickets (info was given by another family member who likes to start drama and thought I would get upset at ss.) I got over it and we started planning his party. Well then Tues dh called ss to see if he had an extra ticket or if we could buy one from the school. Ss said Yea sure there was an extra one but who else were we bringing? Dh said me and Jessica. Ss then says so why do you need an extra? Dh explained that we were told only dh was gonna be able to go cause of ticket number. And ss says no when I said you are coming I ment both of you. I would never not want her there.
That was the best feeling in the world cause I love ss and I know bm has done an awesome job raising him. So we went then had a get together at bm family's home. Then had dinner last night with my family. I strive to be like dh and his bm 1 cause we all get along and are friends and when. We don't agree we sit down talk like adults and remember ss comes first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

awwwww I'm glad you got to go!!! For my graduation it was hard 10 tickets-my sf's family wanted to be there but we didnt have enough tickets-thank GOD my aunts were there-the ticket taker was a beloved former teacher who just waved everyone in-never even took the tickets!!

I'm sure you are really proud of him congrats!!

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We only get 5 tickets here, and if it has to be held indoors in the gym due to rain, only 3 of the the tickets can be used. It was indoors last year for my DS, and so we only had 3 tickets.

We ended up using only 2, since my Ex didn't bother to come. His wife wouldnt have been interested in coming even if Ex did come.

so 10 tickets sounds like a lot to me. I can't imagine that you would not make the top ten at least.

Glad you had a good time and it's great that the families get along.

lilangilyn
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM

So glad you got to go. I went to my SS's graduation on Wednesday night. It was a joyous occassion.

CoochieLibre
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I'm so glad you got to go. Now go kick that trouble maker in the teeth.

(I kid)

rwblake2011
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Yeaaa & Congrats ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

that is great that you went!

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM
I'm
So glad you
Got to go! Congrats! I like happy
Post!:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)